Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Ro_Ja Boy Round 4

Old 03-14-2009, 10:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Ro_Ja Boy Round 4

8 hours and one ticket later I am home with my new-to-me (and fourth) S2000. I've already spent a lot of money over the past couple of weeks in mods and will be doing a full blog as parts come in: http://www.timeattackforums.com/blog...entry.php?e=31

Update 3/17/09: T1r 70mm EM-R titanium exhaust received. Will install tomorrow or Thurs. More pics on my Time Attack Forums blog page:

Update 3/19/09: Exhaust Installed last night. Here's a pic. More on my blog.

Update 3/25/09: Steering wheel, Quick Release, and Hub all received. Going on this weekend with other stuff. More pics and installed pics to be placed on the blog.

Update 3/31/09: KW V3 Coilovers Received and Installed. More pics including installed pics posted on the blog.

Update: 4/11/09: New hardtop, rear bumper and tint. Installed pics on my blog.

Update: 4/26/09: CR Wing Gone and J's Racing V1 Wing Added

Update: 4/30/09: All of the interior parts are here. They'll be installed within the next couple of weeks and will post an update then.

Update: 5/18/09: Teaser...Another pic is on the blog that gives it away a bit.

Update: 5/31/09: The car is in a lot of pieces. Hopefully it'll be back together within the next couple of weeks.

Update: 6/18/09: I haven't really been doing a good job updating. The car will be pretty well put together within the next two weeks or so. I finally received my wheels which I ordered before purchasing the car:

The car is basically put all back together. I need to lower the car more and get an alignment early this week and then I will take pics of it in its "90% complete" stage.

For now, here's a teaser of the wheels and brakes A better pic of them can be found on my timeattackforums.com blog.

Update 7/2: The car is about 90% complete so I took some good pics of the car last night. A lot more on my blog.

Update 8/8: Have a few things starting to trickle in. Received the Coolant Reservoir Tank and Hood Dampers from S2Carbonworks. GREAT quality. Also received the flat centercaps for the CEs.

Update 8/10: Another flat black engine goodie came in today. Thanks a bunch Berk Technologies!

Update 9/11: Even more flat black engine goodies coming in. Here's a picture of one thing, custom anodized Cusco cooling plate:

Update 9/27: A little break from parts updates to post a couple pictures from yesterday's Redline open track day:

Update 10/9: The majority of engine stuff is complete. A few more things to finish it up...one of which could very well be my favorite part on the whole car. Coming soon.

Update 10/16: Finally got my battery in for my battery/catch can set-up. I'll be installing it early next week. The one and only ASM Race Spec Catch Can in the US, custom anodized black. Battery, Catch Can, Anodizing, and battery trickle charger total cost = Too much $

Update 11/16: It's been awhile since a last update. I have a few more goodies to be added soon, but wanted to post a couple pics AndyThomason posted of the car at SEMA.

Update 11/19: Another small update. Installed the Berk 70mm HFC to mate up to my Berk header and T1r 70mm EM-r. The amount of air coming out the exhaust was considerably more after installing it. Another great product made by Berk. Looking forward to the track this weekend to put it to good use.

Update 12/5: A few new parts in that will be getting installed shortly. Received them and am more impressed by the color and the quality than even expected. Really nicely built products. UPDATE: Had them installed now for a bit and believe they have stiffened up the car.

Update 1/12: A new year and more parts. I'll have some other updates coming up soon, but for now here are pics of my new brake pads, coincidentally named the same as the edition of my S2000. I think I may be the first to run these as I had them air freighted in to ensure they were here for my first track day of the year next month. Just bedded them in and they seriously gave me a headache they stopped so quickly. Such an improvement over the other Project Mu B-Force pads I have.

Update 3/3: Some more parts on the car and more track time under the belt. Getting much faster though and can't wait to improve. Added parts include the GT Spec bars, Downforce Side Diffusers, Top Secret Rear Diffuser and G2X Datalogger. Here are some pictures from this past weekend:

Old 03-14-2009, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice but man that's a lot of tire gap! Are you sure the spring spacers were removed?
I didn't know you had sold your LBP. And what's the story with the ticket?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got a 91 in a 65. I haven't physically looked for spring spacers, but I assume they're removed. I bought the car from a Honda tech and don't think it's abnormally rough of a ride.

Ryan
Old 03-14-2009, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking forward to what you have in store for this reinteration.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like a great platform to start up with
Old 03-14-2009, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ricosuave,Mar 14 2009, 10:56 PM
looking forward to what you have in store for this reinteration.
Yeah me too and I'll start saving hard for when you SELL IT!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YOU DID get the CR...

nice one.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:44 PM

Yum
Old 03-14-2009, 11:50 PM

Damn man, you go through S2000s like nothin! Nice CR BTW!!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:53 PM

congrats man.. now i gotta schedule with u so i can come up haha

Quick Reply: Ro_Ja Boy Round 4