Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Round 2: 2004 Rio Yellow Build

Old 02-18-2014, 10:39 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Why thank you, everyone! I'm starting to get the hang of using this site as it's not built like the other ones I've frequented.

I actually already rolled my fenders over the last few days. Front wheels are back on the 15MM spacers too...today I'll relocate rear tab and cut that out too...move back to 20MM rears.

Again, thank you all for the comments.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great! That was a nice looking TL you had.

The S is perfect as is. I love a stock looking S. Nicely done. Keep it simple.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:57 AM

Fully intend on it, sir! Thank you!

I actually currently have both. The TL has long since become worth more to me than market value would ever pay me. I'd need KBB price in excellent condition and 1 bucket of sweat, 1 bucket of tears and 1 bucket of lightly diluted blood to consider ever getting rid of her.

Plus, I'm 35...that'll be my good family car when the time comes, shortly.

Here's one of her at an Acurazine meet 2 weeks ago...particularly proud of this shot!

Old 02-18-2014, 01:20 PM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

Very nice!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:47 AM

Thanks you, sir!

Okay, took some new shots yesterday to show the spacers back on and final height adjustment.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You've got such a clean S -- literally and figuratively. If I could change one thing with the car, it would be the height. It is too low now with the coilovers; I thought the drop the Espilers gave was ideal, but that's just my opinion, which ultimately shouldn't matter because after all, it's your car. Also, I wish you hadn't sold your hardtop! Your car looked so good with it, but top down is nice, too. By the way, your TL is sick. Probably one of the best executed TLs I have seen. You should post more pictures of it.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:42 AM

What a well thought out post, man...thank you!

LOL, if you think THAT'S low you should have seen how slammed the front was when I had zero idea what setting to start at Seriously though, I have just zero gap between tires and fender, which is what I visually like and I clear all the speed bumps at my house...I am still dialing it in though, I may go up slightly...the ride is much smoother though, so no regrets. About the hard top, I agree, sometimes I wish I hadn't sold it, but honestly, it was just going to sit and take up space...even today, taking the TL after 3 days in the S I felt constricted with just a sun roof. It's easy to get used to driving everywhere with top down! Especially in Florida...it was too much money to leave on the table (or in my case, sitting under a sheet in the garage).

I still love my baby though, the TL, so thanks for that.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:10 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with the comments about the ride height and the TL The S is super clean regardless but I don't like the look nor could I drive a car that low around here or on track. TL is gorgeous as well. Very tasteful!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:40 AM

Why thank you!
really? It's funny...I guess seeing a lot of other cars being SLAMMED makes me feel like I didn't even really go that low. I was literally 24 and 3/8 to 5/8" front and rear fender to ground and I'm basically 24 FTG now.

That said, I don't rub at all and Florida roads are pretty forgiving. We'll see...maybe I'll raise it slightly. I like how it perfectly centers the wheels in the well and makes the 17's look like a MUCH bigger spoked wheel by being low.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't even consider "slammed" cars worth remembering or looking at. To me it no longer looks sporty or agile, it just looks "low"

Quick Reply: Round 2: 2004 Rio Yellow Build