Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Sebring Silver MY2002 AP1 with Custom Black/Blue Interior -

Old 01-07-2017, 08:09 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I fattened up the rear tires with new RE-11 in 245-45-16's. I'm committed to hitting the Tail of the Dragon RTD 2017 this year so the new tires are a welcome addition, should be more grippy than my S0-2's.

How old are those? If new RE11 are still a thing sign me up.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
How old are those? If new RE11 are still a thing sign me up.
I just purchased them this week. Not sure what is going on, the production date stamped on these tires is the 31st week of 2016. So it appears they started producing more of them recently, as I thought they were out of production. Made in Japan. I had no trouble finding them as they were being carried by many distributors, including Tirerack.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 01-07-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:14 PM

I wanted to see what all the rage was about with these ETDs, so I put in an Ingalls Stiffy ETD . Look forward to testing it out once the car is back on the road this spring. The car is officially Dragon ready now.

Name:  DSC01338_zpsew8vrj3u.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  232.1 KB
Old 12-30-2017, 03:00 PM

It was a hell of a run, some of the best driving years of my life, but this chapter has come to a conclusion as my car has officially been sold and left my possession two days ago. It sold much much faster than I had ever expected, I guess that is a testament to how well the build ended up in final form. Good bye to all who have met or corresponded with me over the years, it has been a great experience being part of the best damn car group on the continent. best regards, and keep the shiny side up.

Joey
Old 01-07-2018, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a 2002 silver with same blue/black color combo. do you know if this was available from the dealership like that or is it something that people do later?

when i bought the car some guy that looked at it said that it wasnt original interior
blue seats blue door inserts and blue shift boot
Old 01-10-2018, 04:45 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Why did you sell it? Time for something else maybe? I hope you got a good price for it and it went to a good home.
Would be a shame if the new owner didn't respect all the work, effort and money put into it. All the best for the future
Old 01-10-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by fuzzysig
i have a 2002 silver with same blue/black color combo. do you know if this was available from the dealership like that or is it something that people do later?

when i bought the car some guy that looked at it said that it wasnt original interior
blue seats blue door inserts and blue shift boot
I would say that is a custom upgrade much like mine was. That combo was not available in 2002. Embrace it, I think it is a very cool combination. The all blue interior is too much IMO, almost radioactive and smurf like, but the custom accents make it much easier on the eyes when blended with black.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bubbels**
Why did you sell it? Time for something else maybe? I hope you got a good price for it and it went to a good home.
Would be a shame if the new owner didn't respect all the work, effort and money put into it. All the best for the future
There was no single reason for selling. What I did find was that all of the tinkering and custom work I did over the years was very therapeutic and entertaining for me. It seemed like once I got to the end of the project and all of the tinkering ended that I might have gotten a bit bored. So the journey was more important than the destination ? Secondly, this past year I barely drove the car, maybe 1,000 kms max ? It seemed like a bit of a waste sitting in my garage not being used. When I put it away for winter storage I tend to get thoughts of selling it, and this year it seems like values are way up in our region. I was maybe considering selling and it taking 1-2 years, having to deal with low-ballers and tire-kickers etc., not something I was looking forward to. I came across a motivated buyer by chance who was willing to pay my asking price, they wanted it asap as is ( no emissions test, no safety, etc) , with minimal effort on my part. It seemed like a good time to sell it having found a good buyer and not having to deal with any of the negative aspects of selling used cars. So at the end it was combination of factors that pushed me over the edge. The new owner is over the moon with the car, they never test drove the car , only drove it home 2 hours on the day of purchase. Chatting with them after the sale they were very happy with how the car drove home, and I believe it will be well take care of in our region.

I miss the car greatly, but I know it was the right decision to sell it. I have no plans to replace it with anything, I do have a 2016 Civic Coupe Touring which I do enjoy very much as a daily driver, it is nothing like an S2000 but it is satisfying to drive in many ways.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 01-10-2018 at 09:41 AM.