Slowteg- Build thread - Page 10 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Slowteg- Build thread

Old 02-02-2017, 11:25 AM   #91

So I've been slacking on updates because frankly I find the new site atrocious. I can no longer link images from albums online because of a buggy interface. I liked the build thread to keep all my thoughts here like a journal but it's become a pita with the new updated s2ki. Anyway..

I finally installed the Sparco EVO 2, and ultimately it's coming back out and it's for sale. If you're in the DC metro area and want to meet up, I'll give you a very good deal on it. Long story short my big girl hips are too snug. It's not my waist, but my hips which makes the seat a little too snug for me. I will likely be running a pole position because it fits my hips a little better and I know the seat will bolt right in.

Onto fitment.. The seat is a very snug fit in the car. I'm using BC (buddy club) rails and am the 2nd from the bottom on the mounting holes for the front and the back. I'd say the seat sits you ~1" lower than my '06 oem seat (this is just a guesstimate). The seat has a wide base as people have noted so you can't use the very lowest mounting hole on the bc rails (as the base of the seat won't clear the rails at this point), but for me at 5'9", that extra 3/4" or so won't make a big difference. I used some large washers and flipped the brackets around 90 degrees on either the front or the rear (can't remember which) since the base of the seat is V shaped and gets wider as it comes forward.

Regarding fitment in the car, if you want it to slide w/ the sliders, you will need to trim the seat at the lower part by the tranny tunnel. It touches. You might need to trim on the driver's side lower as well by the frame rail/door where it barely touches, and the wing on the door panel just lightly touches as well. I haven't cut the seat yet, but it'd be quite easy to do the trimming with a dremel and put the cover back on. If the seat fit me better I'd do the trimming and not think twice about it, as you wouldn't have to remove a lot of material. One other note, the bottom cushion is very flat in the butt region and very high under your leg which puts you at slight recline relative to the seat. For this reason I found using a higher mounting point on the front made me sit at too much of a recline. Just an FYI. Removing the seat pad you will sit leaning forward and it's quite uncomfortable. I'd definitely recommend against running without the seat pad. Here are the pictures.

I see I'm not the only one slacking on updating build threads since the site change. Is it possible to use google photos/microsoft onedrive anymore?
SlowTeg is offline   Reply With Quote