Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Swifbboy's build thread. Her name is Betsy.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Swifbboy's build thread. Her name is Betsy.

well folks, i feel it is just about time to start my own build thread. as much work as i have put into my car so far, this is long overdue. i bought my 2002 sebring silver s2k on july 19th 2009. at first i though i would give her a nice drop, maybe some wheels and a decent stereo upgrade..... boy was i wrong. and so the story goes a little something like this.....

the day I brought Betsy home....

first upgrade to the car was some smoked side markers. then i found a killer deal on some tein flex coilovers w/edfc and a megan header.

next up on my agenda was a little color to the wheels and some smoked rick's diffusers. big thanks to my buddy mark geiger who helped me with these. RIP bro you are missed.

next up was some breather mods. wanted to make betsy purr a little.
T1R 70R-EM. might be my favorite mod so far.... also got an invidia tp.

fujita f5 intake.

then came a little oopsie..... stupid chics! always messing things up. oh well worked out.... in with the ap2 front bumper and made my own custom vinyl eyelids. fixed all this myself out of pocket and labor.
also got an ap2 radio door not pictured.

then came oopsie number 2! got backed into. luckily, insurance covered everything and then some. no real damage.

picked up this rio one off s2ki.

got her sprayed and reinstalled myself.

good as new.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:23 AM

then i picked up this seibon cf hood from another member here on s2ki. and ordered the last set of 18" forged work emotions in this color in the US.

up next came a cusco 6pt cage and some apr cf side view mirrors. had the cage powder coated to match the wheels. also some ap2 roll hoops with speakers that arent pictured.
(this one made the s2ki calendar)

finally after about 3 months, the cf hardtop from chaser came in, but then it was another month or so until i got the hardware...
fitment was good tho! i got lucky! (just sitting on the car unlatched or installed.)

then came the spur of the moment purchase of a complete J's racing kit from eric (learnerspermit). also traded him for his ap2 tail lights. big thanks to him for everything here!

finally, the hardware for the hardtop came and i got to install it.

also picked up some ap2 v1's and a bys cf wing from drtyhatch.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:23 AM

big thanks to moddiction for the shift knob! LOVE IT!

up next was a brand new set of shine rear over fenders that i havent yet installed. but will be very soon!

picked up these ap2 door panels from davgoat.

then came my favorite purchases so far. me and the bro-in-law decided to take a little trip to miami to see -LAW- and S2K000. both of these guys are awesome. so helpful, and just great guys all around. cant wait to see them in the future. anyways, picked up the spoon hardtop from -LAW- and a chargespeed cf hood and cf trunk along with a j's racing wing.PLEASE DONT FLAME ME. yes i know it is hideous right now.... its only temporary.

***Update*** 1/29/11

got the oem seats shipped out. waiting on the bride stradias to come back in the next week or two.

likely going into the shop for paint and body next friday.

forgot about the stereo system install.
2 kicker comp 10's with a kenwood excelon 1000 watt digital amp.

Just switched out the headlights and sidemarkers to the oem amber. got rid of the smoked ones and the eyelids too. (01 accord in the background is my daily driver)

***Update*** 2/4/11

got the brides in a couple days ago. another big thanks to jon (s2k000). also got the defi guage pod clamps for my cage.

FUTURE MODS: coming soon.
going into the paint booth for a full color change and workout all of the body. going to put down a very nice color that i have not yet seen and get the rear overs put on.

also going to pick up some wider wheels with some deep offsets. looking at the wedsports sa55m right now. thinking 18x10.5 +36 all around.

also have a set of carbon kevlar bride stradias in red coming to me very soon. deal has already been made for them. just have to make the transaction.

hope to have this done by april 17th import alliance here in atlanta.

would also like to get my hands on a BBK and a spoon diffuser by summer.

goal for me is to go FI with turbo by next fall.

HUGE thanks to my brother justin for all of the help on this project so far. he has done most of my wrenching and taught me quite a bit so far. i owe you big!

im open to comments, questions, suggestions, and some constructive criticism. lets keep it classy and refrain from outright flaming if this is not your taste.

more pics to come as progress continues.

thanks!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:24 AM

reserved
Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 AM

why did you go from the Works wheels to the AP2 v1 ??
Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ballin' it bro

What FI setup you goin with?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow! how long did this all take? whats your time line haha!!

Good stuff you got goin on right there!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by alex s,Jan 21 2011, 09:32 AM
why did you go from the Works wheels to the AP2 v1 ??
tires are shot on the works. i still have them, but im trying to sell them. $1000 for any takers. the ap2 v1's are just temporary.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by 07RioS2k,Jan 21 2011, 09:33 AM
ballin' it bro

What FI setup you goin with?
thanks.
i want to go with a Mase kit.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by new 2 the s2,Jan 21 2011, 09:38 AM
wow! how long did this all take? whats your time line haha!!

Good stuff you got goin on right there!
thanks.
this has taken about a year and a half so far. but im trying to get it all done by the end of this year. but you know how it goes.... its always a never ending evolving process.

Quick Reply: Swifbboy's build thread. Her name is Betsy.