Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Tama05's Build

Old 10-11-2014, 05:53 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bouford
thanks for sharing the vid! i wish we had a track on oahu
Thanks for taking a look bouford, very fortunate to have a track so close. Anything new with the AP1?
Old 10-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by tama05
Originally Posted by bouford' timestamp='1412984333' post='23365176
Thanks for taking a look bouford, very fortunate to have a track so close. Anything new with the AP1?
not really. my03 is pretty much done. puddymod diff is last on the list and ap2 trans id i can find a local one.
my01 had some some plans but they are on hold since i want to stay in BS for a few more years.

silly question but how's the brake dust on the winmax pads? my friend complained about his w3s and went stock lmao. he does daily his s though.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:35 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Wow too bad the W4s didn't last. You should give the Project µ Club Racers a try. Most of my friends who liked their carbotechs loved the switch to the Club Racers. I had very very little wear on my W5s through 2 track days. Almost no wear.

The Club Racers are definitely better than the W5 in terms of noise and dust though. The CR produces almost no dust.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 213 Likes on 137 Posts

Funny, I was just about to order a new set of track pads for the season, and was looking at the W4 as they're well priced. Guess I'm buying the Carbotechs....
Old 10-13-2014, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by bouford
Originally Posted by tama05' timestamp='1413035582' post='23365647
[quote name='bouford' timestamp='1412984333' post='23365176']
not really. my03 is pretty much done. puddymod diff is last on the list and ap2 trans id i can find a local one.
my01 had some some plans but they are on hold since i want to stay in BS for a few more years.

silly question but how's the brake dust on the winmax pads? my friend complained about his w3s and went stock lmao. he does daily his s though.
[/quote]

Well, I'm looking forward to updates on either of your cars regardless man. As for the brake dust, it's not too bad, but the only time I run pads that do dust a lot is on the track and afterwards my car gets a thorough wash so it doesn't bother me. They didn't seem to dust anymore than my Carbotech combo did.

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Wow too bad the W4s didn't last. You should give the Project µ Club Racers a try. Most of my friends who liked their carbotechs loved the switch to the Club Racers. I had very very little wear on my W5s through 2 track days. Almost no wear.

The Club Racers are definitely better than the W5 in terms of noise and dust though. The CR produces almost no dust.
I was disappointed in the life of these pads, the track calls for some heavy braking but I didn't think they would be roasted like that. I've talked to you a few times about pads and I think I will try the Project Mu Club Racer set up next. I'll Probably try the fluid as well but my next event will be in November so I think what I have left on the Carbotechs should last. I wanted the W5s but after talking with Tommy @ Gotuning, he suggested the W4s due to me not running R compounds. CR pads next for sure though.

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Funny, I was just about to order a new set of track pads for the season, and was looking at the W4 as they're well priced. Guess I'm buying the Carbotechs....
The price is very enticing with the W4s but unfortunately they didn't last well for me. The rears weren't as bad but still unacceptable for the use of the pads. I love the Carbotechs but still wanna try some other brands just to see how they compare. Either way the XP10/XP8 combo is awesome for me, I would suggest those to anyone looking for a track set of pads.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cherry!
Old 10-25-2014, 08:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

its awesome so see you still enjoying the car man. Im so happy you still have the CE's
Old 10-29-2014, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by tama666
Cherry!
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by NFR_AP2
its awesome so see you still enjoying the car man. Im so happy you still have the CE's
Hey there stranger, I am enjoying the car still and thanks for keeping up. Now that you're down in FL I'll have to hit you up next time I'm home, thanks again man.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:43 PM

Update 10/29/2014*

So after months of waiting for my latest part it finally arrived. I wanted to celebrate a recent promotion so I started looking into headers. I'm well aware of the gains and what not involved from aftermarket headers, but it was more than that for me. I really wanted to finish off my exhaust for now and I knew this was all that was left. I was torn between a few different brands (J's Racing, Hytech, and ASM). The J's I liked a lot and the price wasn't bad but for a few hundred extra, I could have the ASM quality that I really wanted and something that not a ton of people have. I was also interested in the Hytech set up because it is also great quality, somewhat rare, and is probably the highest rated header on the forums. Unfortunately I didn't want to have to replace my current test pipe with a Hytech model so I threw that out the window, plus in the future I might end up with a single exit header back so that wouldn't work. Also, the J's was almost purchased but I decided to splurge and treat myself for my latest accomplishment and to get the current ASM bug off my back for a little. I love the extremely high quality of all ASM parts that I've gotten so far, the header itself is a work of art. I like that ASM has reinforced all of the weak points from the TODA header in order to ensure longevity. The weight of the piece is at least half of the stock counterpart. Plus I wanted to splurge on something nice for myself, and Tommy from GoTuning told me that I would be more pleased with the ASM over the J's in terms of quality so that's the route I took.

Of course I have pics, but let me give a brief overview of the install. Our bays are tight on the exhaust side so I undid the bolts for the heat shields and broke loose the nuts on the block and finally wiggled out the stock exhaust manifold. Upon trying to fit the ASM piece through the hole, I couldn't. The motor mount was in the way and I couldn't shimmy the header around it. I went online and read that people were breaking the motor mounts loose and raising the engine in order to gain clearance to ease the process. I did this and still no luck, so I ended up taking the passenger side mount and bracket completely off. Finally got the header through and in place and put everything back together. Huge pain the in the ass but also a good learning experience and hopefully help for anyone else doing this. Anyways onto the pics...

Opening the box for the first time to find it:

Helpful instructions:

New gaskets and nuts from Honda:

The header itself:

Incredible welds:

More angles:

Compared to stock:

Quality difference in welds:

Finally installation:

Thanks again for checking out the thread guys, I will be going back out to Road Atlanta towards the end of November so until then take care and I'll keep you updated.

Last edited by tama05; 01-24-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

car has come along quite nicely.

Quick Reply: Tama05's Build