Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

From Voltex to Mugen

Old 05-17-2015, 05:27 PM
Community Organizer

Received 212 Likes on 137 Posts

In for pics of the Mugen conversion! I loved your car in Voltex trim, but I think the Mugen thing is more suitable for a street car. Either way, you can't go wrong. Happy you finally made a build thread, too.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive always liked your car since day one but both the voltex and mugen kits are a win win. Your current look is very aggressive and race car like as you mentioned while the mugen will be a little cleaner and classier. Either way its a in my book
Old 05-17-2015, 06:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
don't want to be a downer, but i think the Voltex kit looks way better than the Mugen SS too. if you like the Mugen, that's all that matters tho.

if it's the same kit i saw on the LA CL for a while, nice score. i was wondering why it was on there for so long. cheap too.
This is the same kit you probably saw on the LA CL for a while. Im surprised no one else jumped on it being that it was new and complete.

Originally Posted by WhyW
Voltex is really over the top, plus the Mugen has special history behind it- I'm all for the switch. Not sure why people are hating.
Everyone has there opinion. Ill always love the race car look, but something about the simplicity in the mugen kit has always won me over.

Originally Posted by Memo6453
Car looks great in those pics. And I'm sure it'll look great with the SS kit.

Originally Posted by toddxxx
I'm a voltex fanboy and believe the car looks great as it was. Mugen SS just has something about it though. Be good to see what it looks like. Either way looks like it'll be a quality build!
Thanks man

Originally Posted by S2KiChad
I like the switch! Don't get me wrong I like voltex aero a lot but it so common nowadays unlike Mugen ss! Mugen pics asap lol
Pics coming soon haha

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Awesome car! I don't care one way or the other on Mugen vs. Voltex. If I could I would have one S2000 in each flavor. Looking forward to seeing a red car with all the Mugen bits! I just don't get people posting up saying they prefer one option over the other. It's like going out to eat with your friends ordering a cheeseburger with no pickles and having them say, "Look buddy, I really think you are making a mistake with this no pickles thing..."

"(a lot of other mods too but i won't bore you with them)"

Bitch please this is s2ki you can't bore me with nerdy S2000 stuff. The red Recaros looked pretty nice with the ASM side protector.
Wish i had enough money for an ASM build, Mugen build, Voltex build and Amuse build haha. One can dream . I really loved the ASM side protector on the Recaros. Not made for those seats but it fit so well and it really helped keep that area clean when getting in and out.

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
In for pics of the Mugen conversion! I loved your car in Voltex trim, but I think the Mugen thing is more suitable for a street car. Either way, you can't go wrong. Happy you finally made a build thread, too.
I don't know if i would call it a build thread, but more of a place to post pictures haha. I suck at keeping build threads.

Originally Posted by 8.5kallday
Ive always liked your car since day one but both the voltex and mugen kits are a win win. Your current look is very aggressive and race car like as you mentioned while the mugen will be a little cleaner and classier. Either way its a in my book
Thanks man i agree with you though. Both kits are awesome.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:15 PM

PICTURES!!!!! sorry for the over load haha.

The day i brought back the bumper from LA
(Removed Mugen Cap)

Rear Bumper

Hardware(not all pictured)

Undertray

Mugen Hea shield protectant

Mugen hardware along the OEM one

Exhaust

Love the welds and color

Old 05-17-2015, 09:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We want to see the installed pics!! looking amazing so far sir
Old 05-17-2015, 10:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

whatever part time job you have, I want in on.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by s2ksi8
We want to see the installed pics!! looking amazing so far sir
Haha I'll post pics very soon but thank you so much.

Originally Posted by Jack_in_the_Box
whatever part time job you have, I want in on.
A pet store is not a job you want haha but it'll put me through school. They were very nice to change my schedule according to every semester for school. All the Voltex aero happened when I was working full time but I didn't see a future there so I quit to finish my school.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude,

If the SS setup is as well executed as the Voltex (which looked fantastic), you'll have one hell-la-v clean S2K!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:16 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

I'll echo the sentiments already expressed in this thread. Voltex or Mugen or whatever is cool to see, you have excellent taste and i'm sure the new iteration will come out looking awesome as well! Glad you made a build thread!

I'd also like to mention: The Mugen kit is NOT the most beautiful aero kit, but i love it. There's just something that you can't put your finger on that makes it so special. Maybe it really is the rarity? i don't know. It helps that there were no really good replicas of the kit. The ASM and Voltex front ends got SUPER played out very fast simply due to all the replicas that ran rampant in the U.S. market. I actually think the Voltex and ASM front ends are much more aesthetically pleasing than the Mugen, but again, there's just something about it. Maybe it's the rarity....or that smile...or just all that carbon haha.

Can't wait to see it in person and meet you Edgar!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:55 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm glad to see the switch. I'm not a giant fan of street only cars that look like serious track cars. The Mugen SS setup is an excellent street car setup in my opinion.

Quick Reply: From Voltex to Mugen