Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Honda Valkyrie Rune

Old 05-24-2003, 08:22 PM
CJB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just started to learn how to drive a bike..not so hard as I thought it would be and was looking around, surfing to see what kind of bikes are out there. And I stumble upon the Honda Valkyrie Rune while surfing ar Honda's website and I was like just so attracted to the style of the bike...first thing that came into mind was what a beauty it was.

http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/motorcycle...odelId=NRX18004

http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/motorcycle...m=2&w=751&h=569
Old 05-25-2003, 03:38 AM

Oh God, I wanna throw up
Old 05-25-2003, 05:02 AM

Old 05-25-2003, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you drop it you'll bust a gut trying to pick it up (check out the weight). Definitely has "stage presence." I saw it at the last Long Beach cycle show.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:48 PM

Well seeing that you just learned how to ride you might want to try something a little smaller,
like a Boss Hoss.

Actually the Valkyrie Rune is a cool looking bike. I saw the thing at this years bike show. Whatever
bike you end up getting, good luck and ride safe.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CJB
[B]I just started to learn how to drive a bike..

CJB; No flame intended here, but every time I see someone post that they just learned to DRIVE it tells me that they are still have a lot to learn about bikes. This thought then led me to think about the difference between driving a car and riding a bike. The two endeavors are really quite different. Aren't they? Under normal driving conditions in a car you direct input into the wheel and the car changes direction. On a bike it's not that simple. In a car you can get by without paying strict attention to road/traffic conditions, while on a bike that kind of approach will get you killed.
I guess what I am trying to say is, that there are many things that are counter-intuitive in learning process of riding a bike that are tough to explain and harder to understand. How do you explain to a new biker the technique of counter steering, body steer, or weight shift steering. In the context of driving a car none of it seems to make any sense, but if you ride, believe it, and learn them all!
Old 05-26-2003, 03:08 PM

Hey, I am a big HONDA fan, but I have to draw the line.....THE RUNE IS FUGLY!
Old 05-28-2003, 08:19 PM
CJB

"No flame intended here, but every time I see someone post that they just learned to DRIVE it tells me that they are still have a lot to learn about bikes. This thought then led me to think about the difference between driving a car and riding a bike. The two endeavors are really quite different. Aren't they? Under normal driving conditions in a car you direct input into the wheel and the car changes direction. On a bike it's not that simple. In a car you can get by without paying strict attention to road/traffic conditions, while on a bike that kind of approach will get you killed.
I guess what I am trying to say is, that there are many things that are counter-intuitive in learning process of riding a bike that are tough to explain and harder to understand. How do you explain to a new biker the technique of counter steering, body steer, or weight shift steering. In the context of driving a car none of it seems to make any sense, but if you ride, believe it, and learn them all!"

Thanks, I knew a little that it was going to be a different experience than cars coming in when I made my decision. There are a lot of things to learn but still a work in progress.

"If you drop it you'll bust a gut trying to pick it up (check out the weight). Definitely has "stage presence." I saw it at the last Long Beach cycle show."

i just miss the part that says it almosy ways 800 pounds, WOW.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:20 AM

What ever floats your boat

Good luck, take it easy and remember that most bike accidents occur after 2 1/2 years of riding!

I have been riding for 34 years and still am learning
Old 05-31-2003, 07:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Penforhire
[B]If you drop it you'll bust a gut trying to pick it up (check out the weight).

Quick Reply: Honda Valkyrie Rune