California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

2007 GPW Honda S2000

Old 03-05-2017, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 GPW Honda S2000

Hey,

My name is Kevin. I'm sixteen years old and I am a new Honda S2000 owner. Before I tell you about my car, let me tell you about myself. Ever since I was about seven or eight years old I fell in love with a Honda S2000 when my older brother bought a brand new 2007 GPW S2K. I loved it since day one. There's even a video of me talking about why I loved it so much and how american car suck compared to it when I was just eight or nine LOL. I've put countless hours of playing gran turismo building up my own s2k in the game. I've pretty much watched every single hot touge battles over and over again, seen almost every single racing movie and can almost recite lines in the first three fast and furious. Growing up i've always been fond of S2000's. Having so much excitement and joy being able to ride shotgun in my brothers S2K. I would wash it with my brother, clean it, and sit in the garage with him when he'd work on it. When I was maybe twelve or thirteen I started to work on it. It started off with car washes, then it transitioned to oil changes and regular scheduled maintenance. Anything the S2K needed, I would do it for my brother. By then I had created another S2ki account and was on s2ki 24/7. Learning every single square piece of information I can on the car, how to's, DIY's, modifications, you name it. I wouldn't call myself a honda fanboy, but more a S2000 fanatic. Ever since I was thirteen or fourteen I begged and begged my brother for his S2000 and he would always say no haha. Ten years and one owner later, my brother officially gave me his Honda S2000 to call mine on February 27, 2017. I know I know, whaat? An S2000 as a first car for a new driver? I've been dreaming of this day for years. I would never let doing something dumb take my baby away haha. I dont drive like a dick and swerve. I don't show off in the high school parking lot. In fact its hard enough being a full time high school student enrolled in AP classes, 3 season athlete, Class president and president of many clubs on campus. The fact that I've been given my dream car has only pushes me to work even harder and accomplish my goals. Even though I've been "given" this car I still want to work and push myself in every aspect possible to at least show to my parents some sort of thanks for allowing me to drive this car. As well as for myself as academics and sports are very important to me. (Whoops I went hella off topic LOL) but anyways here's some things about the car.

It's a 2007 Honda S2000. Completely bone stock except for Megan Racing Motor mounts as his blew at 97k. My brother treated it well. It was his daily driver and he pretty much had everything dealer maintained until I started wrenching on it. In its current state it has 100,225 miles. I hit 100k in this car! (Hopefully many more to go).

I DO NOT plan on modifying it anytime soon. I want to enjoy the car the way Honda designed it and drive it how Honda intended it to go. I've put over 1000 miles on the S2000 already. With RWD in mind, and countless hours of reading stories on s2ki about freak crashes i've mentally prepared myself for years on how to prepare to drive the S. It's been a bliss. I've driven it from soft daily driving to Canyon Touge runs. My favorite roads include Calaveras and Mt. Hamilton. The car has stock brakes and Sumitomo HTR Z III tires 215F/ 245R, before my brother gave it to me, he also replaced all the fluids with AMSOIL engine oil, Tranny and Diff fluids. Brake and Clutch flush, Coolant flush and Temp gauge, New Air/ Cabin filter, Battery, and new CV joints and axles in the rear. What the car NEEDS is a new TCT. The rattling is just barely present What I plan on doing soon is regrease shifter, new PVC valve and spark plugs and coil packs.

I did a 6 hour paint correction yesterday only for it to rain hard today Yay for daily driven problems.

TBH I have no idea on how to get into the bay area S2K scene so some so sort of direction would be great

-Kevin
Old 03-05-2017, 10:19 PM

Haha I forgot to include some pictures. OEM Front lip and that's about it. "Inspire" Sticker from kid who insisted I put it on for his photoshoot on his instagram page. (I took it off after)
Attached Thumbnails 2007 GPW Honda S2000-img_5821.jpg   2007 GPW Honda S2000-img_5823.jpg   2007 GPW Honda S2000-img_5824.jpg  
Old 03-05-2017, 11:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nightrunners2k
Hey,
TBH I have no idea on how to get into the bay area S2K scene so some so sort of direction would be great
-Kevin

i think there are supposed to be a few events coming up soon.
easiest used to be to come out to a friday night meet, but i'm not sure if we're still able to hold these meets in milpitas anymore due to our local boba shop moving locations. it may still be possible, but might be haggled by MPD.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Community Organizer

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Welcome. We hope to be hosting a event pretty soon. Cruises might be a little difficult due to the state of the roads from all the rain. We'll have some local meets soon weather pending. And hope to have another photoshoot day like the one we had on TI in January.

Nice GPW, you picked the best color, haha
Old 03-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations Kevin. Thanks for sharing us your awesome story. Hope to see you sometime at s2k meets once the weather gets warmer either Friday Night Milpitas Meet(once a new boba shop opens), or SF Peninsula Meet(normally bi-monthly). Just look for post updates. See you around.

-Vue
Old 03-08-2017, 05:19 PM

See you around Kevin, make sure to subscribe to these two

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/californ...b-meet-930521/

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/californ...s-meet-535734/

and join the groups on FB

sometime the meets can be last minuet but usually turns out well.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:57 PM

wow amazed by your passion for the s2k and awesome what your brother did for you

congrats on the s2k!
Old 03-31-2017, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!