California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Help be on lookout for pearl white hardtop on sale

Old 03-22-2017, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turtleesss
Im assuming youre my neighbor. sorry I woke you up this morning to that horrific sight. i came to post for you too but you beat me to it. Let me know if i could help in any way.
Hey neighbor, no problem at all! Thanks for watching out and letting me know.

The craigslist link was posted 27 days ago, so it probably isn't it. Also, my glass was tinted, whereas, in the post, it says no tint. Thanks though!

Pearl white could be easy to identify, but they may not post it as pearl white, so I'll watch for all white hardtops for sale.

I did not have locks on. Never thought this would happen in our "safe" neighborhood. I also didn't have my alarm on either, because it's been going off randomly sometimes. Geez. Lesson learned. Always stay on top of security.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:42 PM

man that sucks, i hope you are able to nail these suckers since it's pearl white versus the regular gpw

do hardtop locks work at all or at least deter theft ?
Old 03-22-2017, 03:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turtleesss
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/6016844089.html Im not sure if its okay to link something but this is the sketchiest post i could find on craigslist. There are two other peal white posts, but they don't look as odd as this one.
this is s4play. He likes to pretend he's just a random seller when really he has these things stacked in his shop.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by spree
Hey neighbor, no problem at all! Thanks for watching out and letting me know.

The craigslist link was posted 27 days ago, so it probably isn't it. Also, my glass was tinted, whereas, in the post, it says no tint. Thanks though!

Pearl white could be easy to identify, but they may not post it as pearl white, so I'll watch for all white hardtops for sale.

I did not have locks on. Never thought this would happen in our "safe" neighborhood. I also didn't have my alarm on either, because it's been going off randomly sometimes. Geez. Lesson learned. Always stay on top of security.
I know right? I mean the area near seven eleven is kinda sketch but other than that the neighborhoods are usually relaxed. My buddy is always on the facebook sale page so I told him to keep a look out and if you actually find the hardtop ill be more than happy to come with ya to confront the shit head hahaha.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

san jose sucks
Old 03-24-2017, 12:08 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's the FB classified group:
Help be on lookout for pearl white hardtop on sale-photo439.jpg

And the guy from Modesto who sells stolen HT on FB and CL:
Help be on lookout for pearl white hardtop on sale-photo603.jpg
Old 03-24-2017, 08:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by manystyles
Here's the FB classified group:
Attachment 69518
have to be careful when buying parts off of facebook, unless they're local.
i think that's the same group i got kicked from due to "providing correct product information and preventing a scam."
some idiot was selling heeltoe ht hardware and said it only came with 2 keys, locks, and no security bolts for retail pricing, when i got mine years ago with 4 keys, locks, and security bolts
it was a guy with a silver ap2 with red powdercoated rims that apparently worked/works at honda.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:22 AM

OP, did you have a sticker on the hardtop or any other identifying marks that could help us id it?

I know you mentioned it was tinted.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by twrmnd
OP, did you have a sticker on the hardtop or any other identifying marks that could help us id it?

I know you mentioned it was tinted.
Nopes, other than the color is pearl white, not the stock grand prix white. I added a pic of my car in the original post.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:12 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by S_DosMil
this is s4play. He likes to pretend he's just a random seller when really he has these things stacked in his shop.
How has he not been banned from this site yet?

Quick Reply: Help be on lookout for pearl white hardtop on sale