California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Recaro spg or pole position?

Old 10-09-2010, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Vu for letting me try out his seat.

The pole positions were really comfy, but I felt they were just a little big for me. Something just a littttle bit tighter would be perfect. Does anybody have a spg in their s2000 that I could possibly try out?
Old 10-09-2010, 12:23 PM

Maybe Anish will show up next week. You can ask him to try out his seat.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj,Oct 9 2010, 12:23 PM
Okay

I really do like the pole position though. They're not super snug but I imagine they'd be perfect for DD. Wouldn't mind rocking one, but I want to try out the spg before purchasing.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj,Oct 9 2010, 02:23 PM
Sure thing. The SPG is a ball pincher if you're in it for long hauls. You know, the expansion rates over time due to heat built up while your .. um, "items" are insulated by your thighs.. yeah, we'll stop with that much imagery.

I've got a 31-32 waist and normal hips, to the best of my knowledge, so the Shakira/Beyonce songs wouldn't apply to my waist. Yeah, sorry for that image as well. Your thighs may feel a bit tight and pinched in a longer drive.

Unless your a 29 waist or so, for DD I'd recommend the Pole Positions. Try out the seats, take the car for a spin around the lot and let your.. um, items decide. I barely use the car on the street, it's primarily for track use and the occasional group drive setup by our fearless leader, Mac Daddy... who is apparently pissed at me today, and nearly every other day.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

eh...
Old 10-10-2010, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by RedlinedITR,Oct 10 2010, 07:10 PM
Sure thing. The SPG is a ball pincher if you're in it for long hauls. You know, the expansion rates over time due to heat built up while your .. um, "items" are insulated by your thighs.. yeah, we'll stop with that much imagery.

I've got a 31-32 waist and normal hips, to the best of my knowledge, so the Shakira/Beyonce songs wouldn't apply to my waist. Yeah, sorry for that image as well. Your thighs may feel a bit tight and pinched in a longer drive.

Unless your a 29 waist or so, for DD I'd recommend the Pole Positions. Try out the seats, take the car for a spin around the lot and let your.. um, items decide. I barely use the car on the street, it's primarily for track use and the occasional group drive setup by our fearless leader, Mac Daddy... who is apparently pissed at me today, and nearly every other day.
Ouch, sounds uncomfortable..

If you're a 31-32 and it's a ball pincher on longer drives, maybe I should reconsider. I'm about a 33-34.

I'm willing to trade off the performance for much more comfort, since my car is mainly a daily.

I'll have to do some thinking.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 PM

anyone have pix of the pole position's in their S2?
Old 10-12-2010, 12:06 PM

you can get pole positions and run those... side pad things on teh bolster, like the ones bride makes. i ono why im posting this on s2ki. ill jsut text you lol
Old 10-12-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by hellspare,Oct 11 2010, 12:46 AM
Ouch, sounds uncomfortable..

If you're a 31-32 and it's a ball pincher on longer drives, maybe I should reconsider. I'm about a 33-34.

I'm willing to trade off the performance for much more comfort, since my car is mainly a daily.

I'll have to do some thinking.
If you know anyone w/ a SPARCO sprint seat I would say it is close to what an SPG is like fitment wise. The SPG i think has a tad bit more room than the sparco sprint.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone on this thread has been talking about the size of the SPG vs PP.

Are there any comments/complaints about where the belt guides are? I was thinking about buying a set of PP seats but am hearing that the slots at the shoulders are low, to the point where it's either not safe or not comfortable when using a harness. Anyone have experience with this?

Quick Reply: Recaro spg or pole position?