California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

S2k_born Garage - History of Soft Tops

Old 06-15-2014, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you also work on TCT?
Old 06-15-2014, 10:36 AM

I think I need to get my Tranny and Diff fluids changed soon. Where are you located and what times are you usually available?
Old 06-15-2014, 12:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Originally Posted by AP1S2KNIT' timestamp='1402788849' post='23203623
[quote name='XenonKiller99' timestamp='1402787263' post='23203608']
Hmmm...might be interested in softop
If you guys would both like to replace the soft top, I will discount both jobs. The aftermarket Robbins top, which is the best aftermarket top you can get right now that includes, new rivets, new bands, glass window and proper packaging. They run $415.00 to $500.00 depending on which one you get. OEM tops are about $1000.00

I have installed an "EZ" top and they are not EASY to install, rivet holes need re-drilling, cloth fitment not as good, and doesn't include rivets and bands, so that why I will charge more for anything other than Robbins or OEM.
Let me know
Hey I will be in touch. I might be waiting until my rip gets REALLY bad before I take corrective action. For now a little wind noise and moisture isn't causing too much problems. If Vue is going to get his done around the same time that I bite the bullet, I might have some more questions up front.

One of my concerns is that my car is a theft salvage, and I'm not entirely sure that the frame itself is legit.
[/quote]

Yah that no problem man, just let me know when. As far as the salvage title goes, I would just have to inspect as I replace the top and go from there, I have replaced over 60'tops on the s2000 and have run into only 1 damaged soft top frame assembly that was hard to open and shut, but still wasn't too bad. I can tell my looking at top though if it's good.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
Originally Posted by manystyles' timestamp='1402788852' post='23203624
Always nice to have other options in addition to Joey!
I'll go one step further: it's not even a question of, "options," it's about building out our community and ecosystem.

I have no idea where politics came into this: someone is trying to build a mountain out of a molehill. Ladies and Gents, the voting system for goods and services should always be with your wallet. Past that, there's no need to overtly "build up" or "tear down" anybody, especially right out of the gate. If someone performs a shitty job, then you don't go back. If the offending party continues to do it, they'll be out of business soon enough (usually). If someone is doing a great job, then usually the other folks in the community step up their game, ideas get shared, and the higher water raises all ships.

The way in which we accept other people into the community speaks volumes of our own character. When someone asks you for a recommendation, be clear, be open, and be honest. Candor invites people to care. Demonstrating your anger (and lack of self-control therein) does not.

As per Mike, welcome! Annnnnd, WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU LOCATED?!?!?! The Yay is kind of a big place.

Thank you very much, I am happy to be here, well said there. Haha I am located in Discovery Bay. I have a nice setup here in the garage, I look forward to working on some local cars and enjoy being out here. I am originally from the Brentwood area back in the high school days, and I am happy to be back. I am more than happy to answer questions and for faster responses PM me for my phone number. My goal is too fund the project the get it back on the road again for meets.

Thanks for the time fellas
Old 06-15-2014, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie' timestamp='1402851508' post='23204133
[quote name='manystyles' timestamp='1402788852' post='23203624']
Always nice to have other options in addition to Joey!
I'll go one step further: it's not even a question of, "options," it's about building out our community and ecosystem.

I have no idea where politics came into this: someone is trying to build a mountain out of a molehill. Ladies and Gents, the voting system for goods and services should always be with your wallet. Past that, there's no need to overtly "build up" or "tear down" anybody, especially right out of the gate. If someone performs a shitty job, then you don't go back. If the offending party continues to do it, they'll be out of business soon enough (usually). If someone is doing a great job, then usually the other folks in the community step up their game, ideas get shared, and the higher water raises all ships.

The way in which we accept other people into the community speaks volumes of our own character. When someone asks you for a recommendation, be clear, be open, and be honest. Candor invites people to care. Demonstrating your anger (and lack of self-control therein) does not.

As per Mike, welcome! Annnnnd, WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU LOCATED?!?!?! The Yay is kind of a big place.
I think my sister say Mike moved to Discovery Bay? I'll delete this post if I am corrected?
[/quote]

Yup that is correct sir! Haha

Please PM me for appointments and pricing on other things you guys need, I will reply as fast as I can and get a number, as it's been tough get on with a new baby haha
Thanks
Old 06-16-2014, 06:02 PM

Estimate on an engine swap? '05 F22 into an AP1
Old 06-16-2014, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by MRFero
Estimate on an engine swap? '05 F22 into an AP1

I can do engine swaps and clutch jobs, but only out of Sacramento at a garage with a lift. Doing heavy labor jobs on concrete with jack stands its rough when u have been doing it as long as I have haha.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:18 PM

That's the swap i had before I started the new project. Good setup with 4.77 final drive
Old 06-16-2014, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by AP1S2KNIT' timestamp='1402788849' post='23203623
[quote name='XenonKiller99' timestamp='1402787263' post='23203608']
Hmmm...might be interested in softop
If you guys would both like to replace the soft top, I will discount both jobs. The aftermarket Robbins top, which is the best aftermarket top you can get right now that includes, new rivets, new bands, glass window and proper packaging. They run $415.00 to $500.00 depending on which one you get. OEM tops are about $1000.00

I have installed an "EZ" top and they are not EASY to install, rivet holes need re-drilling, cloth fitment not as good, and doesn't include rivets and bands, so that why I will charge more for anything other than Robbins or OEM.
Let me know
Hey I will be in touch. I might be waiting until my rip gets REALLY bad before I take corrective action. For now a little wind noise and moisture isn't causing too much problems. If Vue is going to get his done around the same time that I bite the bullet, I might have some more questions up front.

One of my concerns is that my car is a theft salvage, and I'm not entirely sure that the frame itself is legit.
[/quote]
I'll be down to do it when you are ready Casey. Mine is okay for right now but might need it sometime this year.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:05 AM

yah for sure just let me know and we can take care of those tops no problem.

Quick Reply: S2k_born Garage - History of Soft Tops