California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Realestate license

Old 09-12-2005, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Realestate license

Are there different kinds of realestate licenses? Do you need one for both commercial and/or residential properties? I was thinking about doing this as a side job, and maybe as a full time job for my wife.

Can anyone recommend any online courses?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 1... well.. let me tell u, it's worthless if u cant' sell any hehehe

there is only 1 kind of real estate license...

unless if get a temporatory by taking 1 course & passing the test.

all i can say... good luck & oh~!, u can't really do part-time agent..
Old 09-12-2005, 08:46 PM

there are actually two types of licenses, a salesperson and broker license, both let you sell commercial and residential real estate. however, with a salesperson license, or "temporary" as NFRS2kSi said, you can only do licensed activities under a broker, meaning you have to be hired under a broker. you can get a conditional salesperson license that's valid for a year and a half if you only take one class and take the test. the broker test has a lot more requirements but you can operate on your own.

check it out at www.dre.ca.gov.

Old 09-12-2005, 09:38 PM

Mike Russ can kiss my arse. His classes suck! I took my Property and Casualty Lic class with his company, and when he taught it was 75% personal stories of his life and 25% content. He let us out like 1.5hrs early, took 1.5hr lunches, and every time we met he talked to us about his ''Really good real estate class'' and his trip to Cancun for continued education. Avoid this school if you want to pick up something in the class, go to this school if you only want the certificate for hours completed and want to study on your own time.

I think selling insurance is a lot easier than selling a house, the commissions arn't as big but how many more clients do you have? And for auto insurance they have to have it, while they are there for auto, sell them homeowners, boat, life, disability, long term care, whatever....
Old 09-12-2005, 11:29 PM

My mom is a L.O. and dad is a broker. They have been very very succesful in the Real Esate sales, flipping etc. PM me and I can shot you to the right school and talk details. I have about 14 friends enrolled and doing very well. My test date is in December. Can't wait to upgrade the S to a Gallardo Conver. hehe. Just let me know.

Kind regards,
Joe
Old 09-13-2005, 11:30 AM

I WOULD LIKE TO VOUCH FOR MIKE RUSS FINANCIAL TRAINING CENTERS.... I have gone there for my prop and casualty ins lic, lifeand health ins lic, and real estate lic. I had an excellent experience all 3 times and for the last few years have been doing financial planning with great success. I also reccomend them for continuing education classes to keep your license current. If you need a broker to work for call me ScottE Rose 714-580-6107cell, 949-457-2210ext107 office.

GET IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING MONEY AND REAL ESTATE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=619_sdeuce,Sep 13 2005, 11:30 AM] I WOULD LIKE TO VOUCH FOR MIKE RUSS FINANCIAL TRAINING CENTERS.... I have gone there for my prop and casualty ins lic, lifeand health ins lic, and real estate lic. I had an excellent experience all 3 times and for the last few years have been doing financial planning with great success. I also reccomend them for continuing education classes to keep your license current. If you need a broker to work for call me ScottE Rose 714-580-6107cell, 949-457-2210ext107 office.

GET IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING MONEY AND REAL ESTATE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.
true true

______

Jdownshiftcousa
Old 09-13-2005, 09:29 PM

My girlfriend like the in-person at Anthony (I think it's owned by Kaplan). They're at http://www.dearborn.com/anthonynew/home.asp if you're interested. People in her office recommend them first for the license test.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:02 PM

Anyone know how long a certificate for your P&C is good for after you complete your hours? I finished my hours and found myself a full time job. Don't want to take a day off yet, but I still want to take the test.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:45 PM

Also, its like some of Mikes stories are so outragous I feel like he's making them up!

When I was there, they had this smokin latin chic sit in front training to be an instructor. I forgot her name but she looks like the girl from Just Shoot Me

BTW, that has got to be a toupee on Mike right?

Quick Reply: Realestate license