California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Exhaust system for daily

Old 02-22-2017, 04:30 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by reds2
Got to try Mugen. I have one on my AP1. It is discontinued, but I might be persuaded to sell. Saves 25 lbs over stock.
After posting in this thread I convinced myself of picking up the tanabe. It's great. It's nice and mellow, not overly loud or ear catching, with no drone.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:36 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Tip on removing the OEM exhaust: Start at the mufflers.

If you drop it at the cat or headers the exhaust tips will pivot up and be stuck behind the bumper. It's heavy so don't be under it when it drops. A helper is advised. You may have to remove the entire exhaust to break the nuts at the cat free, the top nut is nearly inaccessible. I soaked mine in BP Blaster for a couple of weeks and got them off with a rattle gun; but we were never able to remove the nuts on the cat on my buddy's car. We both fitted high flow cats so this was just a matter of trivia for us. New spring bolts at the manifold recommended if you're removing the cat. So much easier with the right parts -- and power tools.

Installing any of the multi-part aftermarket exhausts is simple and a one-man job. Loosely tighten everything and get the tips centered in the rear bumper and nothing touching the driveshaft before final tightening.

-- Chuck
The following users liked this post:
Tartastic (03-29-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best
After posting in this thread I convinced myself of picking up the tanabe. It's great. It's nice and mellow, not overly loud or ear catching, with no drone.

Im glad that this thread helped someone else other than myself ! Lol
Old 03-27-2017, 05:11 PM

I was finally able to purchase and install the Tanabe exhaust. This exhaust was everything I was looking for! So glad you guys helped. I'm more than satisfied with it. Thank you all!
Old 03-27-2017, 05:40 PM

I have the tanabe on a ap1 with stock cat and love it.......
Old 03-28-2017, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by topDown99
I have the tanabe on a ap1 with stock cat and love it.......

this is the same set up I have. & I love it. I glad I went with Tanabe
Old 03-28-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious on how the Tanabe sounds. I just put on my Fujitsubo Legalis R mated with my Berk 70mm test pipe and I can barely hear it haha.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by MisterNickG
I'm curious on how the Tanabe sounds. I just put on my Fujitsubo Legalis R mated with my Berk 70mm test pipe and I can barely hear it haha.
if you're around an hour drive from me I'm more than welcome letting you hear it. Lol
Old 03-29-2017, 05:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterNickG
Originally Posted by Ayeeeyorandy
if you're around an hour drive from me I'm more than welcome letting you hear it. Lol
These two exhausts have been mentioned a few times already in this thread. Can you guys post sound clips/videos? I'd love to hear how they sound.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tartastic
These two exhausts have been mentioned a few times already in this thread. Can you guys post sound clips/videos? I'd love to hear how they sound.

i feel sound clips doesnt do it justice. I watched a lot of sounds clips before I made the purchase and sounds far better in person.

Quick Reply: Exhaust system for daily