California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Seat belt extender

Old 11-18-2016, 09:34 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best
The above pic of those kevlar recaros in the nsx are specially designed for the receptacle to go thru. I, personally, went thru this same process of figuring out whether or not to route the receptacle on the inside vs the outside. I purchased the seat belt extender, but I never got around to using it. The reason being is that I purchased a use Mugen S1 seat+Mugen seat rail. They were designed in conjunction with one another. The rail has a mounting point on it for the factory receptacle. In this case the seat belt goes on the outside, but remains flush with the height of the seat. If I didn't have the fortune of not having to decide which way to run the receptacle, then I would, and planned, on running a belt extender on the inside of the belt guide.
Ah, didn't realize the Mugen one did that. I'm running a Bride Zeta II/Bride rail and there is no way to run the female connector though the seat without an extender. I've been running it like this for a while now, but I always wonder if it is unsafe especially at the track. Here's a crappy pic of my seat with the extender:
Old 11-20-2016, 03:03 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

That's how I imagined running mine. Recaro has an "abe" version of their popular pole position seat that is sold in Europe and Japan. It has the larger seat belt opening like the one depicted in the NSX. There is also a thead on this site about a Chinese made seat that sells a replica pp with the larger seat belt opening.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey dude, wonder if you can post a picture of "receptaable flush with the height of the seat"? Thanks
Old 11-30-2016, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best
That's how I imagined running mine. Recaro has an "abe" version of their popular pole position seat that is sold in Europe and Japan. It has the larger seat belt opening like the one depicted in the NSX. There is also a thead on this site about a Chinese made seat that sells a replica pp with the larger seat belt opening.
See, that makes sense. No everyone wants to run a 5 point with a cage, although it seems like the next step in tracking my car.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by DennisRen
Hey dude, wonder if you can post a picture of "receptaable flush with the height of the seat"? Thanks
I'll try and get a decent pic. It's a little tight around there, I'll see if my phone will fit.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by DennisRen
Hey, here are a few pics of what I mean. You can see how the extender pushes up past the seat hole and has to be fed back down through it. It's always stressed me out a little, but I feel this is safer than running it over the top. If it was over the top you could slide right under as it's not snug over the driver.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WidebodyEK
Hey, here are a few pics of what I mean. You can see how the extender pushes up past the seat hole and has to be fed back down through it. It's always stressed me out a little, but I feel this is safer than running it over the top. If it was over the top you could slide right under as it's not snug over the driver.

Got what you're saying. Thanks for the pic!

I believe the factory seat belt only works when the receptacle is flush to your pelvis, so I don't think any of the bucket seats with extender is safe With that being said, looking to order an spg or rsg soon.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem when I bought my Bride Vios III last year. What I ended up doing was removing the factory receptacle completely and bolting the seat belt extender to the seat frame (same mounting point as the factory receptacle). You can fit a bolt through the eyelet of the extender and bolt the eyelet to the frame. This allowed the female end of the extender to be fed through the seat hole and it fits perfectly. I've run it like this since May/June and no issues.