Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

4 door luxury sedan with manual transmission and ventilated seats?

Old 01-09-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Default 4 door luxury sedan with manual transmission and ventilated seats?

Yeah, odd question. At cars & coffee the other day, one of my buddies was trying to find a car that meets the above criteria. He has a 911 Turbo S Cabrio and an Audi A8 as his current daily. Wants to replace the Audi with something that has a manual transmission (i.e. more fun to drive). But also wants to keep ventilated seats. We went through several cars, but the intersection of an upmarket car and ventilated seats seems to be mutually exclusive with a manual transmission option.

Can anybody think of one?
Old 01-09-2017, 11:03 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

2014 or earlier Panamera?

Chevy SS... not sure if "upmarket" enough though..
Old 01-09-2017, 11:04 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbrig
Yeah, odd question. At cars & coffee the other day, one of my buddies was trying to find a car that meets the above criteria. He has a 911 Turbo S Cabrio and an Audi A8 as his current daily. Wants to replace the Audi with something that has a manual transmission (i.e. more fun to drive). But also wants to keep ventilated seats. We went through several cars, but the intersection of an upmarket car and ventilated seats seems to be mutually exclusive with a manual transmission option.

Can anybody think of one?
m5
comes in manual and has heated and ventilated seats.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:10 AM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

Agreed M5 will be the closest option, but manuals are pretty hard to find I think.

Another option if your buddy wants to "slum" is a Gen 2 CTS-V sedan. They really are nice cars and with all the extra money he will have buying a super clean used one with low miles (less than $50k) is he can bling it out with some HRE wheels and power upgrades which are easy and plentiful to get over 600rwhp easily. A buddy bought a used V Coupe manual and took it to 21st Century (Ligenfelter shop here in DFW) and now has a 550+rwhp car with pully, tune, and a few other small mods, stock exhaust even. It's nice, quiet, comfy, and smooth until you hit the loud pedal and the supercharger starts screaming.

I still miss my '12 CTS-V sedan. Really awesome car. Nice balance, drives easy, smooth, and fast, comfy, etc.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:51 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Alfa Guilia should offer both.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:43 PM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Alfa Guilia should offer both.
They cancelled the manual for the U.S. at the last minute
Old 01-09-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

The Alfa is getting awesome reviews. Hope the car holds up reliability and quality wise, but that's probably wishful thinking. Still a cool car for sure.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:38 AM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Yeah, we thought of the Giulia, but the manual has been axed. Another friend had one on order, but just got a call yesterday about no manual coming to the US.

M5 is an option, but not an easy find. I brought up the CTS-V, don't think there's a manual in the current generation. Didn't think of going back to an earlier generation.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, we thought of the Giulia, but the manual has been axed. Another friend had one on order, but just got a call yesterday about no manual coming to the US.
M5 is an option, but not an easy find. I brought up the CTS-V, don't think there's a manual in the current generation. Didn't think of going back to an earlier generation.
ATS-V has manual, current gen CTS-V does not. Not sure if the ATS-V would be nice enough though...

I liked my '12 CTS-V, but wish I had gotten a wagon instead, they are so cool looking. The cooled seats in my car worked "ok", they weren't amazing. The seats are really firm in that car. Best thing was installing an intake and hearing the supercharger, that was awesome.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:59 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Alfa doing all it can to screw up re-entry to US market again... Oh well. We are considering the Giulia, but now just the lower spec for my better half. I would've went for Q if it had a manual as promised... Without it at that price, opens the doors to many cars. Alfa could've had something unique and without much competition...

Quick Reply: 4 door luxury sedan with manual transmission and ventilated seats?