Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Alfa Giulia base model....

Old 03-03-2017, 07:32 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

and the elephant in the room is the missing third pedal.

suck it Alfa. suck it on every one of your north american imports. they would be about perfect if you'd at least give me the option.

darcy
Old 03-04-2017, 06:38 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by darcyw
and the elephant in the room is the missing third pedal.

suck it Alfa. suck it on every one of your north american imports. they would be about perfect if you'd at least give me the option.

darcy
Which really sucks because it is available in Europe.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:39 PM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Stopped by the Alfa dealer today (which also sells VW). Took a GTI for a quick spin out of curiosity after following the GTI thread.. Nice little car. You can still tell it is an economy car but a very well put together, flat cornering economy car.

Walked over to the Alfa side with the salesman to take a peek at the Guilia. On the base car, I really liked the interior, very nice for the entry price. They talked to me a while and I told them I was just doing advance scouting for a next car or two depending on what I decide to do but still have some paying to do on the toy before I would sign any papers. They talked leases and offered a drive. I had to run to something else so I said I would come back when I had more time to take a more serious spin. Then asked if they would open up one of their 8 4C's for me to just get a "sit" inside. Man do I love that little car. Fired it up and it sounded AWESOME. Comically hard to get in and out of the car. I gushed over it for a while and they offered a drive in that too, and sadly I declined and said I would be yanking their chain on that one.

The dealership is small and the sales manager was pushing me hard to drive both so maybe when I go back I will take both for a spin. Oh yeah, fired up the Guila 4 banger and sorry to say at least on start up, light revs, and idle it sounds like a Chevy Sonic. They said it gets better when it is warm.

The photos in the car mags don't do the 4C justice though. Stunning little car looks three times the price in person. The Guila looks pretty good too.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:45 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

It's going to be the Stelvio which blows the sales numbers up for Alfa. Alfa will have the best looking mid-size and SUV car in the market, but can they deliver the ownership experience US customers demand & expect?
Old 03-06-2017, 06:14 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,582 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by vader1

The dealership is small and the sales manager was pushing me hard to drive both so maybe when I go back I will take both for a spin. Oh yeah, fired up the Guila 4 banger and sorry to say at least on start up, light revs, and idle it sounds like a Chevy Sonic. They said it gets better when it is warm.

The photos in the car mags don't do the 4C justice though. Stunning little car looks three times the price in person. The Guila looks pretty good too.
The Giulia sounds a ton better than the 4 banger in my brothers 428.

The Alfa dealer here is offering lease deals on their 4C's for 699 a month, tempting but as you said, they're a bugger to get in and out of.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:42 AM

Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT
Which really sucks because it is available in Europe.
Supposedly the Guilia with 3 pedals performed poorly in US crash testing and that's why it's not available here. Apparently in a crash the clutch pedal doesn't play nice with the driver's feet/legs.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:37 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Alfa and Fiat dealer are one in the same here. So you get to drive a POS Fiat 500 loaner most the time when your Giulia is dead in the shop. I'd rather take my chances on a X5 loan car with BMW
Old 03-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Our 500 Abarth has been good but it's only got 10k miles on it so far. Super fun sounding little car. I'd like to drive one of these but probably not my next car though if I could get the same 0% for 7 years I got on the Abarth it would be really tempting.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:35 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Consumer Reports' 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Basically Lives at Dealer

Well, that didn't take long.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:04 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Really disappointing sign, but can't say I'm surprised given both C&D and MT have already experienced issues with their test cars. I'd love for C&D to do a 40k mile long-term test on one.

Too bad because the standard Giulia just dominated a field of nine in Motor Trend. Including being both the fastest and most economical (nearly 40 "Real MPG" highway and 13.6 1/4 mile...).

Quick Reply: Alfa Giulia base model....