Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Any Maserati GranSport Owners?

Old 02-11-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts
Question Any Maserati GranSport Owners?

So, we've taken a fancy to the GranSport (well more me than her, but I am paying for it) and was wondering if anyone here owns or has owned one? This is our current front runner to replace our S60. She definitely did not like the M3...
Old 02-12-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a 2006 CambioCorsa for about a year. The clutch was getting close to its end of life so I got rid of it. They cost like $40k but you have to pay $15k for a ****ing clutch job. If you can get it in manual, you win.

I ran straight pipes from the headers back, amazing sound. Cost like $600 for an xpipe, then just straight pipes after. Aftermarket xpipe removes the resonator.

As far as reliability, they're solid regarding engine and drivetrain. Electronics sucks, you'll get random issues here and there. Mine loved to roll the window all the way down when I opened the door (always when it rained). The seat would shake and vibrate when moving it. The stereo quality is horrendous, as well as the Navigation. I mean ****ing horrendous, you could listen to music off your phone speaker and it would be better. The battery will die if you don't drive the car every day, so keep it on a tender.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:05 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
So, we've taken a fancy to the GranSport (well more me than her, but I am paying for it) and was wondering if anyone here owns or has owned one? This is our current front runner to replace our S60. She definitely did not like the M3...
its probably the worst overall choice against the cars it competes against. They look nice and sound nice...the rest is meh to ugh.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by ealand0001
its probably the worst overall choice against the cars it competes against. They look nice and sound nice...the rest is meh to ugh.
The GranSport is the final iteration of the of that series of car and lot of improvements were done by then. Supposed to be jump in quality from the 3200.

I thought clutch jobs were under 4k? I like the looks of the GranSport better than the GranTurismo. We were close on a '13 GranTurismo S this summer, but ended up the XE instead. Partly because I just wanted a new car for once. The GranSport would be a cash purchase and my girlfriend's budget is $400 a month so I figured that would cover annual maintenance.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:50 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

LOL 400 dollars a month budget and looking at a used Maserati, genius.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
LOL 400 dollars a month budget and looking at a used Maserati, genius.
$400 a month is for maintenance, the car is paid for already... Have a problem reading English?
Old 02-13-2017, 05:47 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

$400 a month is for maintenance, the car is paid for already... Have a problem reading English?
I guess I just couldn't comprehend such a retarded idea of buying an old car so unreliable that it requires 400 bucks a month set aside for maintenance LOL.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:44 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

The GranSport is the final iteration of the of that series of car and lot of improvements were done by then. Supposed to be jump in quality from the 3200.

I thought clutch jobs were under 4k? I like the looks of the GranSport better than the GranTurismo. We were close on a '13 GranTurismo S this summer, but ended up the XE instead. Partly because I just wanted a new car for once. The GranSport would be a cash purchase and my girlfriend's budget is $400 a month so I figured that would cover annual maintenance.
did you say what year? Maybe I missed it. Anyway, you are gonna buy it outright? I would only lease something like that. If it was my actual money...I'd pick about anything else.

but, it's a 2006 I think, not that familiar with them. I only checked them out for a minute before coming to my senses and getting a BMW...same thing with Aston Martins.

That's a 11 yr old Maserati...how much will this be driven? I've never known anyone that has had one long enough to be able to give a good long term review...closest are long term mag reviews. They are pretty good looking cars though, especially in 2006! Good luck.

Last edited by ealand0001; 02-13-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by ealand0001
did you say what year? Maybe I missed it. Anyway, you are gonna buy it outright? I would only lease something like that. If it was my actual money...I'd pick about anything else.

but, it's a 2006 I think, not that familiar with them. I only checked them out for a minute before coming to my senses and getting a BMW...same thing with Aston Martins.

That's a 11 yr old Maserati...how much will this be driven? I've never known anyone that has had one long enough to be able to give a good long term review...closest are long term mag reviews. They are pretty good looking cars though, especially in 2006! Good luck.
2005 or 2006 are the years available in US for GranSport. I work from home, so the car won't be driven much; may 3-4K a year? Our budget is under 40K, hence buying it cash. She'll rotate between the XE and GranSport, but I think she'll end up with the Jag. There are a few cars on the list if we buy used. XKR is one them as well. We already owned an XK and she really liked that one, but I would like to own another Maserati.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:03 AM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

why maserati? one of hospital doc had a ghibly. Had nothing but bad things to say about it. He took a lost getting out of the lease early. (sample size of one, I know).
For DD I would go German, domestic, or Japanese. Get an M, AMG, F, or V version if fun is what she wants.

Quick Reply: Any Maserati GranSport Owners?