Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

BMW M2 or GT4

Old 12-05-2016, 03:11 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
An Alfa Guilia Q would one heck of a ride over an M2.
Except they don't compete with each other at all. One is a fat 4 door sedan with a ton of power and one is a small 2 door coupe.

If you're not going to track a GT4 it's a total waste of a car. Long gears, no torque make it not a fun street car. I'd sell my GT3 if you made me daily drive it. I love daily driving my M2. Comfortable, gobs of torque at low rpms, fun to drive, incredible turn in even with stock alignment.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:47 PM

Received 379 Likes on 282 Posts

GT350
Old 12-05-2016, 05:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by white98ls
A GT4 strikes me as a better car and buy (speaking of ownership cost/depreciation) than an M2 + S2k combo. But as an only car, not so sure...

Is it just me, or does the cost of M2 + S2k =/= GT4? What would you use the M2 and S2k for? Do you track?
I would add the Mperformance products direct from the dock if I was going M2 so it would be around 67K plus the cost of my S2K would get me close to what a GT4 would cost.

M2 would be a daily and the S2K would stay as my Sunday (I love honda) car but the GT4 would have to be my daily. I don't drive a lot since I work from home and travel for work and live walking distance to everything I need. I track other cars and would only track the M2 and GT4 on private track days.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Except they don't compete with each other at all. One is a fat 4 door sedan with a ton of power and one is a small 2 door coupe.

If you're not going to track a GT4 it's a total waste of a car. Long gears, no torque make it not a fun street car. I'd sell my GT3 if you made me daily drive it. I love daily driving my M2. Comfortable, gobs of torque at low rpms, fun to drive, incredible turn in even with stock alignment.
What's torque, I drive Honda's......LOL. One of the downers of a GT4 is the long 2nd gear which is such a bummer.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gmedalion1
I would add the Mperformance products direct from the dock if I was going M2 so it would be around 67K plus the cost of my S2K would get me close to what a GT4 would cost.

M2 would be a daily and the S2K would stay as my Sunday (I love honda) car but the GT4 would have to be my daily. I don't drive a lot since I work from home and travel for work and live walking distance to everything I need. I track other cars and would only track the M2 and GT4 on private track days.
just a heads up daily driving the GT4 is easily doable. However unless you have a very windy trip to and from work the car becomes very boring in day to day driving. Actually had me looking at Z07 and grand sports for a more exciting trip to work. Easy fix for me was to swap out to the s2000 for daily, much more fun
Old 12-06-2016, 04:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My M2 has to be one of favorite cars I have owned so far. It does not drive like you everyday BMW that needs to conform to the masses. If cost was no object I would do the GT4 since my toy cars are just that and only get a couple thousand miles a year on them.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:16 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gmedalion1

67K is adding just about the whole M performance catalog most of which is ugly or not needed. The exhaust is pretty cool, but the overpriced CF winglets, interior are meh and a waste of money IMHO. M2 doesn't make a bit of sense at the 67K price point. It's a low mid 50's car.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:55 AM

Yea, the winglets are personal preference but I do like the CF rear decklid spoiler and rear valance with the MPerformcane exhaust and CF tips. That alone gets the car up to 62K add the steering wheel and you're up there.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:52 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
67K is adding just about the whole M performance catalog most of which is ugly or not needed. The exhaust is pretty cool, but the overpriced CF winglets, interior are meh and a waste of money IMHO. M2 doesn't make a bit of sense at the 67K price point. It's a low mid 50's car.
^Pretty much sums up my view of it. Except the price of the exhaust isn't worth the cool. I saw something on line that said they only cost $2,300.

F87 M2 BMW M Performance Exhaust System w/ Bluetooth Valve Control
Old 12-14-2016, 02:50 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

M2 or GT-4. I wish I had that problem. One thing... isn't the M3 closer in price to GT-4? Out-the-door $$$ around $100K?

Quick Reply: BMW M2 or GT4