Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Crazy deals on some GM cars right now, i.e Stingray and Camaro, etc.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

whats the exact problem with it?

Btw, a vette should be purchased in manual trim unless the circumstances are exigent (i.e. lost a leg in iraq, migrating arthritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, elevated ESR, etc),

if you look back at vette resale values, all manual variants are fetching 4-5k above equivalent automatic used models.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:09 AM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by EastS2k

Btw, a vette should be purchased in manual trim unless the circumstances are exigent (i.e. lost a leg in iraq, migrating arthritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, elevated ESR, etc),

if you look back at vette resale values, all manual variants are fetching 4-5k above equivalent automatic used models.
PMR, elevated ESR? that came out of left field.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EastS2k

According to the owners on the C7 forum, there is a severe shudder and rough shifting. When they take it to the dealership, the torque converter needs to be replaced.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Purple Haze
According to the owners on the C7 forum, there is a severe shudder and rough shifting. When they take it to the dealership, the torque converter needs to be replaced.
GM quality...always on point.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:43 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Is it their tranny or a zf?
Old 10-28-2016, 08:46 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Is it their tranny or a zf?
No I believe it was developed in house.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:42 AM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

Small percentage of automatics are experiencing this issue, but as normal, the owners are vocal. I would be too if my automatic was acting up.

i keep buying GM cars because they aren't perfect (what brand is?) , but are largely reliable, fun, and a great value. I also have a great dealership and service department. They always put me in a new Silveradonor Tahoe loaner too when car is in for service.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:38 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Agree with @QUIKAG. It used to be that I would not allow my wife in anything other than a Honda product. Then I bought first one CTS-V, then another, and my mind opened up. Last year the wife's Pilot needed replaced and she wanted a Buick Enclave.....and I didn't flinch. I didn't pay MSRP, obviously, but it's a reasonably reliable ride with some known issues that can be avoided.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Honda fanboy with a NSX and RLX in the driveway....but I'm no longer afraid to go domestic, or at least GM. PS their snafu with the Stingray's AT is a rare drivetrain screwup. Typically GM's drivetrains are solid and reliable. I've always joked that GM needed to look to Honda for interior build quality, and Honda needed to look to GM for drivetrain reliability.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:43 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

There is something nice about the layout of Honda interiors. GM good learn a thing or two from them.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

I read some article, (was it Jalopnik?) a couple weeks ago about huge discounts on Camaro's. And another one about the average incentive on full size pickups being $8k right now across all brands.

First sign the economy is headed south again. Pent up demand is gone and huge incentives needed to move built up inventory. Factory slowdowns will follow among other things. But aside from the 2.9% growth rate published by the feds for third quarter growth, (which will be revised downward after the election) I think things are slowing down and not speeding up.

I'd buy a car right now, and in fact I have, but if I felt my job was on the margin, no way I'd pull the trigger right now.

Quick Reply: Crazy deals on some GM cars right now, i.e Stingray and Camaro, etc.