Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Crazy deals on some GM cars right now, i.e Stingray and Camaro, etc.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:13 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vader1
I read some article, (was it Jalopnik?) a couple weeks ago about huge discounts on Camaro's. And another one about the average incentive on full size pickups being $8k right now across all brands.

First sign the economy is headed south again. Pent up demand is gone and huge incentives needed to move built up inventory. Factory slowdowns will follow among other things. But aside from the 2.9% growth rate published by the feds for third quarter growth, (which will be revised downward after the election) I think things are slowing down and not speeding up.

I'd buy a car right now, and in fact I have, but if I felt my job was on the margin, no way I'd pull the trigger right now.
Aren't all domestic trucks always 8K off after all discounts and incentives?
Old 11-01-2016, 11:35 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

+1

Pretty much can't go a month here in Canada without at least $7500 off and $10,000 off isn't uncommon.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:02 PM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Aren't all domestic trucks always 8K off after all discounts and incentives?
Maybe close with dealer discount and incentives, the incentives alone are topping $8 k right now.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by vader1
Maybe close with dealer discount and incentives, the incentives alone are topping $8 k right now.
Must be because I live in TX and the truck market is competitive but I don't think it's a sign of the economy failing or not.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:10 PM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

$8k off a truck actually isn't a very good deal unless it's a brand new model year or something. Typically can get over $10k off if you shop around. Brother just bought a brand new '16 All-Terrain GMC Sierra 4x4 full-size truck up in Tulsa. Sticker was $48k and he paid $35k. Too bad I'm not really in the market.

Some of you guys will laugh, but I've been looking at a Honda Grom. I want one to goof off with for fun.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:17 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
$8k off a truck actually isn't a very good deal unless it's a brand new model year or something. Typically can get over $10k off if you shop around. Brother just bought a brand new '16 All-Terrain GMC Sierra 4x4 full-size truck up in Tulsa. Sticker was $48k and he paid $35k. Too bad I'm not really in the market.

Some of you guys will laugh, but I've been looking at a Honda Grom. I want one to goof off with for fun.
I won't laugh at you if you don't laugh at me for wanting a Ruckus...
Old 11-03-2016, 10:06 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Buddy just scored a 2016 Corvette Grand Sport for $12k under MSRP....

I've never really been a fan of the Corvette but after driving it i am blown away. I wanna say best bang for the buck currently out there.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by blueprint
Buddy just scored a 2016 Corvette Grand Sport for $12k under MSRP....

I've never really been a fan of the Corvette but after driving it i am blown away. I wanna say best bang for the buck currently out there.
I think the Camaro is the better bang for you buck car. Since you get 95% of the performance of the Corvette for like 15k less.

Also, I always have to shake my head at these comments, are you a car guy or what?

I have never been a fan of one of the longest running sports cars in history, a RWD V8 stick shift 2 seater that has for the better part of 60 years been a smoking deal that punches in well above it's price.

Last edited by Marioshi; 11-03-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Marioshi
I think the Camaro is the better bang for you buck car. Since you get 95% of the performance of the Corvette for like 15k less.

Also, I always have to shake my head at these comments, are you a car guy or what?

I have never been a fan of one of the longest running sports cars in history, a RWD V8 stick shift 2 seater that has for the better part of 60 years been a smoking deal that punches in well above it's price.
To be fair until the C7 they've had dogcrap interiors featuring lazy boy recliner seats, they are a dime a dozen with huge depreciation curves and most the owners are fat middle aged white men that just wash them and look at them in the garage on Sundays.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
To be fair until the C7 they've had dogcrap interiors featuring lazy boy recliner seats, they are a dime a dozen with huge depreciation curves and most the owners are fat middle aged white men that just wash them and look at them in the garage on Sundays.
Right, which has nothing to do with their merits as true performance machines or bang for your buck sports cars.

Also, the C7 has been out for a while to "not have been a fan of them". You certainly don't have to convince me, the C6 wasn't really on my radar at all, so I am definitely a convert, but there is no denying they have been serious performance machines for decades.

Certainly the first one that really caught my eye was the C5Z06 but the point is that the Corvette has been "America's sports car" for more than a half a century. I don't think any car enthusiast ought to dismiss them so easily and they certainly shouldn't be floored that they are in fact, very good.

Yet here we are, we have people letting the fact that most owners are fat old white men dissuade them from buying one of the best performance cars of all time.

Last edited by Marioshi; 11-03-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Crazy deals on some GM cars right now, i.e Stingray and Camaro, etc.