Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

EG Hatch opinions / pics wanted

Old 02-26-2017, 08:32 PM
Jub

Received 384 Likes on 308 Posts

My second car (first one that I chose). 92 Si with stock GSR swap, type R 5 lug, and some nice interior bits. Tons of fun but unfortunately got the Honda cancer in the quarter panels. I have wondered if I would actually enjoy having a hatch again or if it is just the nostalgia factor. It has only been a year and a half since I got rid of my stock Integra GSR and I still enjoyed driving that car. If you can put up with the lack of creature comforts, I say go for it. If you go the EG route, my favorite interior pieces on my car were the optional audio console and armrest/center console. It really tidied up the interior and gave room to store things. The Type-R brakes with no abs and steel lines had by far the most braking feel of anything I have ever driven. I recommend not to buy a NorthEast car...

Old 02-27-2017, 06:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I posted a while back about my AWD V6 swapped hatch. The EG hatch was a "cool car" for me back in high school, and I always wanted one. I ended up purchasing a super clean one with a b16 swap and while it was great, I just wanted more power. Always thought the J swaps were a no brainer for a daily driven fast honda with A/C and power steering. With zero mods you make 270 whp and tons of daily driver friendly torque. The motors are $400 bucks all day too. Thought the only down fall of the civics was the FWD so took care of that going with the torque vectoring SH-AWD, and now I daily drive the car and love it. It is essentially a honda version focus RS with a big displacement V6 instead of a 4 banger turbo. My build thread is here: https://www.enginebasics.com/Civic%20Type%20RL.html
Old 03-02-2017, 08:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

^ Flexer... WOW. That is awesome, I'll definitely check that out!

To all those who chimed in on this thread, thank you all! I appreciate the insight and pictures, it has definitely helped me since I now have purchased the car! I'd like to start a build thread on here possibly for those who are interested. I'd like to share some stuff about it and get more opinions so maybe when I get home I'll post on here again. Thanks again everybody! I'M SO PUMPED.