Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

First drive: New Ford GT

Old 12-16-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Remind me never, ever, to try to debate Billy. I'll lose
If he's as wrong in that hypothetical debate as he is in this real one, you'd be alright. ;-)

Billy, the bell tolls for thee. Buckle in for a long-winded diatribe as we dance in the excited ring of fire. Two men enter, one man leaves... It'll just have to be tomorrow.

In all seriousness, our new daughter joined our family today, so I've got my hands full and won't be able to get to a computer (I'm on my phone) until tomorrow. Please note the parenthesis I just used. Take careful note of how that changes the sentence. ;-)

Billy, I like you, you're a nice dude, and I've followed your racing career since I first read about you in Super Street probably 10 years ago. I've read everything you've ever written on MotoIQ and I always welcome your input (when you're putting words in my mouth). I've got nothing against you and I respect your position of knowledge. But when you say, "it didn't need to come to this" you're right, but not for the reason you think. You wanted to play Mr. Smartypants and you ended up stepping in it. Honda probably knows better than you what kind of car they built and they say it's a unibody. But if that's not good enough for, no problem. I'll just have to show you where your premise is faulty.

Last edited by Mr.E.G.; 12-16-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:47 AM

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
If he's as wrong in that hypothetical debate as he is in this real one, you'd be alright. ;-)

Billy, the bell tolls for thee. Buckle in for a long-winded diatribe as we dance in the excited ring of fire. Two men enter, one man leaves... It'll just have to be tomorrow.

In all seriousness, our new daughter joined our family today, so I've got my hands full and won't be able to get to a computer (I'm on my phone) until tomorrow. Please note the parenthesis I just used. Take careful note of how that changes the sentence. ;-)

Billy, I like you, you're a nice dude, and I've followed your racing career since I first read about you in Super Street probably 10 years ago. I've read everything you've ever written on MotoIQ and I always welcome your input (when you're putting words in my mouth). I've got nothing against you and I respect your position of knowledge. But when you say, "it didn't need to come to this" you're right, but not for the reason you think. You wanted to play Mr. Smartypants and you ended up stepping in it. Honda probably knows better than you what kind of car they built and they say it's a unibody. But if that's not good enough for, no problem. I'll just have to show you where your premise is faulty.
I said I wouldn't respond but a "congratulations" is in order for the family addition. I appreciate the support but having said that, I do not wish to continue this automotive related debate since whether intentional or not, your posts have turned to come off as condescending and I really don't care to debate over semantics, when in none of Honda's official (or historic) literature was the chassis referred to anything other than "body" or "monocoque". The only Honda-related nomenclature using "unibody" to describe the original NSX (that I'm aware of) was from Shawn Tarr, Project Leader of the new NSX's Space Frame and Body Design, who was not involved with the original car.

This all circles back to semantics. If NSX 2.0 team 'officially' all the new NSX a "twin turbo" but Uehara referred to it as a "bi-turbo", does that automatically make the car a 'bi-turbo'? I don't really want to dive in to that. Most chassis these days utilize hybrid construction and rarely do they fit one category exactly. But to end this conversation, I don't think you're going to find a current 'true' aluminum "space frame" chassis weighing <3,000lbs when the V10 Audi R8's aluminum "space frame" car is a 3,600lb car and the SLS AMG GT R is a 3,400lb car and those fit your definition.

Go enjoy your new bundle of joy, which should be more important than winning an internet argument.

/
Old 12-17-2016, 09:09 AM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Billy, I genuinely disagree with you and I was genuinely annoyed when you were arguing against a point I didn't make, but surely you can tell I'm busting your chops, too.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:39 AM

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

I came here to see the Ford GT, invariably on a Honda forum the god powerful NSX (PBUH) comes up in conversation and is discussed to the umpteenth detail.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

I had nothing to do with it. I swear!
Old 12-22-2016, 10:45 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
I had nothing to do with it. I swear!
Old 12-22-2016, 11:21 AM

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

First one off the line

​​​​​​​Watch The First Ford GT Road Cars Roll Off The Production Line
Old 12-22-2016, 11:48 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by clutchcargo
sure looks the part of a $400k+ car....hotness!
Old 01-25-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Specs released

647 HP
550 ft lbs
Tops speed 216 mph
Old 01-26-2017, 07:30 AM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by clutchcargo
Specs released

647 HP
550 ft lbs
Tops speed 216 mph
Beat me to it....boy those are some sick numbers...

2017 Ford GT Makes 647 HP, 550 LB-FT, Goes 216 MPH! - Motor Trend

Quick Reply: First drive: New Ford GT