Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I cheated on my GT4!!!!!1

Old 01-12-2017, 05:00 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

have you driven the 991.1 S? Debating the 991.1 S, 997 Turbo, and 981 Cayman S this upcoming spring.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

The GT4 looks a lot better though. For that alone id rather own one over the Carrera. I dont think the track performance overall is that far off anyway. If you already own a GT4, i dont see much of the appeal to jump ship for some refinements, which is all I see here and im a modded s2k owner so refinements dont mean much to me in the grand scale here, besides, again, the less attractive body lines of the Carrera.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:15 PM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Nah, got the GT4 for now at least. It is a BLAST to drive. Just wish it had more thrust below 5k, but not that big of a deal really.

No 350 seat time, but I'd love to drive one. Everything I've read is good. Not real happy with Ford dealers in general around my area and I have heard of some problems with owners getting warranty repairs (including a replacement engine for a bad oil pump) and that would piss me off big time. The guy who bitched about the replacement engine debacle owned a GT4 too and had posted about it on Rennlist. Took him over a month with no loaner car or anything. He got the car back filthy inside and out too. That turned me off, but I'm sure it was just a specific Ford dealer who sucks. Car is still good overall.

I've just had awesome luck with the Chevy dealer in town. They will give me a nice loaner no problem and they are professional and will fix anything including track related stuff (when it happens rarely) under warranty. I don't have a relationship like that with a Ford dealer, so that will probably keep me out of a 350 personally. That said LOVE the Voodoo motor.
Cool, didn't know if you had swapped cars at COTA or something. I've only been on the track once there (2 wheels) so far due to cost. Awe pay almost 5 bills per day and that's quite a hike from TWS, Eagles Canyon, or Cresson.

In in the same metro as you (North of D) and it's the same thing here. Local Ford dealer isn't cool at all. 10k adm on the Shelby, and I didn't even bother asking on the R. There must be a good one here though, just have to find it. I get so tired of the stealers here I buy most of my stuff out of state. Bikes and cars.

You get something new and want clearbra, let me know. Close friend owns Speedshield in Addison. All the guys with nice stuff land there.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love that the 17 911 comes with PASM standard. I think the 2017 911s are truly improved, while the 718s are a step down.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:54 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Are you plans to keep both cars or trade in the GT4? 911 just has that something that the Cayman does not. Either car is a dream; my buddy went through the same thing...
Old 01-13-2017, 05:33 AM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
have you driven the 991.1 S? Debating the 991.1 S, 997 Turbo, and 981 Cayman S this upcoming spring.
I've driven my buddy's '16 Carrera GTS and it was a sweet car. More refined, by far, than my GT4. The .2 is even moreso apparently. Depending on what you plan to do with the car, you can't go wrong with any of those options.

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Cool, didn't know if you had swapped cars at COTA or something. I've only been on the track once there (2 wheels) so far due to cost. Awe pay almost 5 bills per day and that's quite a hike from TWS, Eagles Canyon, or Cresson.

In in the same metro as you (North of D) and it's the same thing here. Local Ford dealer isn't cool at all. 10k adm on the Shelby, and I didn't even bother asking on the R. There must be a good one here though, just have to find it. I get so tired of the stealers here I buy most of my stuff out of state. Bikes and cars.

You get something new and want clearbra, let me know. Close friend owns Speedshield in Addison. All the guys with nice stuff land there.
Yeah, I wish there were some good Ford dealers in town, but I haven't found them. You may be totally against the Camaro and I understand, but they are worth at least a test drive. Not far off a regular GT350 in overall performance for WAY less money. Not as cool of an engine or looks, but the LT1 and styling aren't bad either. We are still enjoying our SS. Comfy around town with the mag ride and fast/fun/loud when it's play time.

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Are you plans to keep both cars or trade in the GT4? 911 just has that something that the Cayman does not. Either car is a dream; my buddy went through the same thing...
Sadly, I'd have to to trade in the GT4 if for no other reason that I don't have garage space and have too many cars already. Either way, I'm likely keeping the GT4 unless the dealer gives me a crazy good deal on the trade-in value and new purchase price of the Carrera S. But, I am wanting a 911 for my next car I've decided...
Old 01-13-2017, 06:12 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Purple Haze
I love that the 17 911 comes with PASM standard. I think the 2017 911s are truly improved, while the 718s are a step down.
I bought a used 981 S for the sound, but the 718 is not a step down. Drive it. It is a sweet machine. If resale on those goes in the tank I will pick up a Boxster when the Cayman is paid for. And I also thought it sounded cool, but yes, a bit STi ish.
The following users liked this post:
Purple Haze (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 06:57 AM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Yeah, I wish there were some good Ford dealers in town, but I haven't found them. You may be totally against the Camaro and I understand, but they are worth at least a test drive. Not far off a regular GT350 in overall performance for WAY less money. Not as cool of an engine or looks, but the LT1 and styling aren't bad either. We are still enjoying our SS. Comfy around town with the mag ride and fast/fun/loud when it's play time.
There have been two cars in my entire life, that I said "Deal of a life time". Bang/buck. The original NSX and that GT350. I could have bought a '92 NSX for 30k when I lived in Seattle. It had like 67k on the ODO, then another while I lived there for 27k. It was a Toyo dealer where I was buying a 4X4 Tundra (Seattle has mountains close, snow, etc). At the time I couldn't afford two 4 wheelers and knew, my group at work, well I might as well carry a grenade into work with me. Would have been the same thing driving the NSX to work. Just wouldn't fly. I won't make the same mistake twice. Just waiting on depreciation on the Shelby so I can take advantage. I'm thinking the GT500 will hit, and current 350 owners are gonna dump for the 500. That's when I'll strike. If I didn't have a nasty motorcycle habit I'd have already grabbed one. I should have never driven the f'in thing.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:14 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
The GT4 looks a lot better though. For that alone id rather own one over the Carrera. I dont think the track performance overall is that far off anyway. If you already own a GT4, i dont see much of the appeal to jump ship for some refinements, which is all I see here and im a modded s2k owner so refinements dont mean much to me in the grand scale here, besides, again, the less attractive body lines of the Carrera.
Have you driven a 911? I assume you haven't - looks aside, there's more to a 911 over a 718 than just 'some refinements.' The difference is something you have to experience.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:32 AM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Elistan
Have you driven a 911? I assume you haven't - looks aside, there's more to a 911 over a 718 than just 'some refinements.' The difference is something you have to experience.
I would have to agree. The GT4 is a very special machine, but there was something about the "darn near perfect" driving experience of the Carrera that really opened my eyes. It's like Porsche builds amazing cars and then dials them down a notch or hobbles them here or there on all of their models EXCEPT the 911. I didn't understand that until the dealer was kind enough to let me take a brand new fairly loaded Carrera S out for a day and a half to put nearly 200 miles on it. Just an amazing machine all around. The GT4 is more purposeful in the styling and beautiful in it's own right, but the 911 shape is just plain classy all around.

Quick Reply: I cheated on my GT4!!!!!1