Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Just drove the 370Z...

Old 12-23-2016, 12:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dv55xc
Which clutch spring and short shifter did you add to your car? My dad has a g37S which has the same drive train as the 370z. I really hate the clutch and the shifter of his car. It would be nice to upgrade those 2 parts. We've already been though the dreaded conical slave cylinder failure. Hopefully you dont have to go through that as well. Such a major design flaw in the transmission.
I did the clutch spring upgrade but honestly its a bandaid fix. What you want is the RJM adjustable clutch pedal it feels way better that stock(feels like an s2ks clutch) and you can adjust the friction point. Also I havent had a CSC failure but one of the selling points on the RJM clutch pedal is that its less prone to CSC failures because the RJM clutch doesnt overwork the CSC like the stock one does(I dont know how true this is but I havent seen any Z members report a failure with the RJM pedal). Im running with the TWM short shifter as well it gives its a nice short and mechanical feel(I would highly recommend a heavy weighted shift knob as well), the stock shifter feels really loose and rubbery. Im crossing my fingers that my CSC doesnt fail anytime soon but if/when it does I have some funds aside to upgrade to a heavy duty CSC so I dont have to worry about it anymore. I think these two mods are my favorite out of all the ones I have they really change how the car feels from stock.

370Z & G37 AFP Clutch Pedal Assemblies - RJM Performance.com

Last edited by s2krazyyy; 12-23-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:27 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by WVCR-V
I'm always amazed at how many people have multiple sports cars. Must be nice!
Some of my friends vacation often and regularly dine out. That quickly adds up to another car.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adut015
I own both a Z and a S2000 too (glad to find out i'm not the only lunatic on the planet with 2 x 2 seaters). The Z has served me well as a daily for the past 5 years. Not missed a beat. It's fun to drive and there's definitely a lot more torque available for everyday driving and way less gear changes during city driving. The S2000 however, is the one that gets my heart pumping whenever I have a nice sunny day to enjoy the roof down. It is the most rewarding car in terms of shifting I have driven, I prefer the gear changes even to an e92 M3 and the B7 RS4 which are both absolutely great drivers cars.
Completely agree!

I have had my AP1 for 13 years and it's such a special car and very different from the 370z I had for the last 4 years as my DD and just sold due to replacing it with a RC F.

I think the Z was a much better daily driver than the S but the S really feels more special and unique to me.

That being said, a used Z is great value and fun for the money.

The look still gets a lot of compliments especially from the ladies.

Great cars and can't go wrong with either.