Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Kia Stinger GT - Whoa...

Old 01-10-2017, 07:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
It's still a fawking Kia
Old 01-10-2017, 08:12 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Looks pretty good to me.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:35 AM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Yeah this car is dead on arrival, I mean I'd rather get the Honda... or the Acura... wait do they make any rwd cars with a V6 turbo?

I mean sure it's a Kia, so gotta hold the horses a bit here, but I applaud them for at least trying. And for all intents and purposes, the Genesis was a good car, and apparently Hyundai thinks enough of it to spawn an entire new lineup. Yes, having a glorified Hyundai is hard to swallow at first, but having sat in the the new G cars, gotta say pretty impressive, very comparable and for the price point it's almost a no brainer if not for the fact that we're all brand whores to a certain extent.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:37 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Looks a little too FWD proportionally to me - too much like the Optima. Doesn't look bad, just kind of too similar in size to an Optima (I think I read it's 190" long). I'm also waiting to see if Kia has learned to truly tune a chassis and engine to be enjoyable and refined. Until then, I'm skeptical. But the specs and overall styling are pretty promising. This is what the Acura TL should have developed into by now.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:59 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

anyone here ever try to go to a hyundai/kia dealer? lmao they all suck in NY. The dealer network would stop me from buying any Kia/Hyundai in the forseeable future. Life is too short to do that.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:51 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
Ohhh Im serious...Korean POS.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by white98ls
Looks a little too FWD proportionally to me - too much like the Optima. Doesn't look bad, just kind of too similar in size to an Optima (I think I read it's 190" long). I'm also waiting to see if Kia has learned to truly tune a chassis and engine to be enjoyable and refined. Until then, I'm skeptical. But the specs and overall styling are pretty promising. This is what the Acura TL should have developed into by now.
Really? Mild front overhang? Rear-set cabin? It looks distinctly RWD-proportioned to me. FWD proportions usually mean a large front overhang and this one definitely doesn't have it.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:41 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Really? Mild front overhang? Rear-set cabin? It looks distinctly RWD-proportioned to me. FWD proportions usually mean a large front overhang and this one definitely doesn't have it.
I do see that, but I guess to me it's just a long car with a really long wheelbase. Would like to see a little more rear fender flare. I guess to me between its long wheelbase, Optima size and Optima styling cues, it's not obviously RWD.

But speaking of short front overhangs and good dash-to-axle, I really miss how the old Legend, Vigor, and even 1G TL
did it...

Old 01-10-2017, 12:41 PM

To each their own, I guess. I do like the Old Legend (coupe, especially). When Dad had his first NSX repainted, they gave us a Legend as a loaner (for a month!).

But to me, that Stinger GT still looks 100% RWD. The 'hatchback-esque" rear end probably hurts it a little (compared to "typical" RWD cars) but still, that tight front overhang (in a day when so many cars are big and bulky due to pedestrian safety requirements) looks great to me.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
But to me, that Stinger GT still looks 100% RWD. The 'hatchback-esque" rear end probably hurts it a little (compared to "typical" RWD cars) but still, that tight front overhang (in a day when so many cars are big and bulky due to pedestrian safety requirements) looks great to me.
Yes, the car was designed as RWD and a 4WD option. I am very interested as I have had great experience with Hyundai products.... and would not be interested in anything but an auto in a family sedan.

Quick Reply: Kia Stinger GT - Whoa...