Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Trade value S for NSX

Old 10-22-2011, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade value S for NSX

I finally drove an NSX. It was a dream car when I was younger, and it still is. The Richmond Acura dealer has a 92 with 75k on it, 3 owner car, with all records since new. They have it listed for 26.5. The car has an aftermarket intake, and exhaust. It also has some type of Enkei wheels, a lip, and aftermarket rear spoiler. Nothing crazy, I thought it looked good. I have a 2003 S2000 with 47k with mods. My car is BB, has the OEM hardtop. It also has RPF1's, J's header, T1R 70rr, FIPK, BC N+, and an Alpine 305. I would say my car is in very good condition. The interior is close to mint. No bolster wear or bottom spread. No wear on the carpet either. The front does have a fair amount of chips. Never been beached, just wear from daily interstate driving. I paid 17.5 a year ago. I love my car, just would love an NSX a little more. I was offered 10.5 for the trade. I understand the mods are worth little to a dealer. I was surprised at their offer though. I don't like the NSX enough to give my car away. The steering in the NSX is sublime though. Curious as to what others might think my car would be worth. Like I said, I love my car, just felt a little insulted by their offer.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:02 PM

Why don't you part out your S and then trade it for your dream car? No reason to give good parts to a dealer, they are all thieves.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by BobSaget
Why don't you part out your S and then trade it for your dream car? No reason to give good parts to a dealer, they are all thieves.

I would sell the S2K on the open market for I'd assume 15 or so at least, sell the hardtop, wheels and mods separately for another $3K at least. Then move forward with the ~$18K, and then get the NSX if that's what your heart is set on. I have never driven an NSX so I can't comment on it other than my perpetual dreams of owning one someday.

$10.5K trade in is a joke. They will turn around and ask 15 at least for your car.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 PM

I wish I had enough funding to have 2 great cars. I forgot to mention I have every stock part as well. I had some illusions that being an Acura dealer they would hopefully understand the true value of my car. Wishfull thinking on my part. Some other time another chance will come along. I agree, parting out would make the most financial sense. I just hate to see that happen for some reason. I was 22 when the NSX came out, and it's now something I can actually have. In another year or so I may be able to have both. I kind of thought I would be disappointed by the driving experience. It is 20 years old. The view over the arches, the sound, feel throughout the wheel, and even the acceleration turned out to be amazing. If nothing else, I now know what a wonderful car it still is, and will always be. My S is not a bad second choice. So much fun for 17.5. It's something I look forward to getting in every day.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:17 PM

The S and first gen NSX are my dream combo as well. In fact, I'm halfway there! And to the other member, you can part your HT for $2500 at the very least. Those things are really rare. $26k is not that much really.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

a dealer will always screw you, it's their job. financially speaking, your best bet is to put your S2000 back to stock, sell the car private party, and sell the parts individually. put a good chunk down on the NSX and have the rest financed if you can get a low interest rate. otherwise, talk them down a bit and pay cash if you can swing it.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:08 AM

Thanks for all of the feedback and suggestions.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:19 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

credit unions often have very low rates for auto loans if you want to try one. and if you end up getting the NSX you must let me drive it...!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:02 AM

If you can somehow finance both for about a month or do, get the nsx and sell your s private.

Dealers will rape you on sports cars.

I bet they got that nsx for like 18
Old 10-23-2011, 09:32 AM

Here is a not so good cell picture of my car. If you have never driven an NSX, I highly recommend taking one for a test spin. Even if you have no intention of purchasing one. Here is a not so good pic of my car.
Attached Thumbnails Trade value S for NSX-wheels-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Trade value S for NSX