Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Thinking about an F350 - possibly a duely

Old 03-22-2017, 02:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait, the title of the thread "thinking about f350 possibly duely (sic)", and I just read how impressed you were with a Honda Fit?!?!

I clearly missed some things by skipping straight to the last page!
Old 03-23-2017, 09:33 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdrum1
Wait, the title of the thread "thinking about f350 possibly duely (sic)", and I just read how impressed you were with a Honda Fit?!?!

Did you miss that he ended up buying a Ford Focus? I mean, I guess they are both Fords at least...
Old 03-29-2017, 05:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Review posted, I was all jacked up on caffeine and knocked it out.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jdrum1

I was surprised by the fit, I wanted to test drive it to see how much I hated it. Turns out, I didn't hate it at all. I wouldn't say the car is "impressive" (did I say that, too lazy to go back and check), but it gets the job done.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:44 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

You know, I've never been a huge fan of trucks and aside from me personally never owning one, I'm sure you have your reasons as to why it would fit your life and lifestyle, if it makes you happy man, go for it.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:11 PM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

I gotta cut you off there, you can't park a car without sensors or a camera? You're not a man! Turn in your card!
Sorry, I am not an elite parker. I have to park this car on the street, and have to squeeze into some tight spots if I don't want to park another 1/4 mile away. The assistance of a camera and sensor makes this safe and easy to do. I had to skip many a spot in the Jetta because I didn't want to attempt to fit in it and risk bumping the car behind me.
You think parking a Focus is tough without a backup cam? Have fun with a dually......

You take offense to some of us telling you the dually is pretty stupid? The difference between a dually and your GT3 you'll never track is I can see around your Porsche. I'm a motorcyclist so that's important me.
I loathe people who buy suburbans, Hummers, any Land Yacht, or Exxon Valdez who don't use it or get it for its' intended purpose. They weigh a shit ton and just more pounds on our roads our counties and states don't take care of as is. People can't even park a F150 worth two fuchs, so a Dually is worse. I'll park the car, right up to the edge of a curb on the passenger side. Then when I return some douche in a full size truck or larger has parked diagonally to the point I either have to crawl through the passenger door to the drivers seat or in one case, wait for the douche to return so I can leave. Then there are the door dings the land yachts inflict on society. Then there is the shit they throw up on the road, so awesome when you're right behind, multiple car lengths, and bam!

So yeah, I see people driving land yachts, solo, all day every day. Nothing in the bed, no trailer of any kind, just douche central. In contrast, many many fast cars today, when your foot isn't buried in it, return decent fuel economy, don't take up 2 parking spaces, and you can see ahead, around them. **** the dually, buy yourself another sportscar instead. Wanna experience the wonderful driving characteristics of a full size body on frame POS, go rent one, roll the windows down, wear a curled up baseball cap and put a dip of cope in.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
You think parking a Focus is tough without a backup cam? Have fun with a dually......

You take offense to some of us telling you the dually is pretty stupid? The difference between a dually and your GT3 you'll never track is I can see around your Porsche. I'm a motorcyclist so that's important me.
I loathe people who buy suburbans, Hummers, any Land Yacht, or Exxon Valdez who don't use it or get it for its' intended purpose. They weigh a shit ton and just more pounds on our roads our counties and states don't take care of as is. People can't even park a F150 worth two fuchs, so a Dually is worse. I'll park the car, right up to the edge of a curb on the passenger side. Then when I return some douche in a full size truck or larger has parked diagonally to the point I either have to crawl through the passenger door to the drivers seat or in one case, wait for the douche to return so I can leave. Then there are the door dings the land yachts inflict on society. Then there is the shit they throw up on the road, so awesome when you're right behind, multiple car lengths, and bam!

So yeah, I see people driving land yachts, solo, all day every day. Nothing in the bed, no trailer of any kind, just douche central. In contrast, many many fast cars today, when your foot isn't buried in it, return decent fuel economy, don't take up 2 parking spaces, and you can see ahead, around them. **** the dually, buy yourself another sportscar instead. Wanna experience the wonderful driving characteristics of a full size body on frame POS, go rent one, roll the windows down, wear a curled up baseball cap and put a dip of cope in.
Jesus christ, you got triggered to hell and back.

I will definitely post once I pick up a diesel truck just to see you lose your shit, lol.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
Jesus christ, you got triggered to hell and back.

I will definitely post once I pick up a diesel truck just to see you lose your shit, lol.
While I can't say I didn't laugh out loud at TommyDeVito's post, I can't say I didn't nod my head quite a bit either.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:40 AM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Hilarious. I ride motorcycles too, and don't have a problem seeing or maneuvering around pickup trucks. Most of the time I drive my truck, I am NOT hauling any kind of load. I still need it for the times when I do, and it doesn't always make sense to have another vehicle. My truck is my go-to winter vehicle. All of my cars are sports cars and aren't really winter capable. It doesn't even make sense to own or drive anything nice in the winter if you live where they sand and salt the roads.