Carolinas A Better Place to Be

16th Annual CRMC Performance Driving School

Old 06-23-2016, 12:00 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtB
Can I drive your car? I bet the motor will last longer than mine.
You got an SA2005 helmet D?
Old 08-26-2016, 08:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump

Time to register before it fills up!
Old 08-30-2016, 09:41 AM

We're interested in this, but have never done such a thing before with our own car (I did one-day car control at BMW Performance Driving Center two years ago and loved it). I'm wondering what kind of risk to the car we'd be taking. It's completely stock and it's going to stay that way. Driving in Group D, which we would be required to do, means the least demanding, I know, but I am wondering if there is any significant wear risk for something like this that I need to know going into it.

Phillip
Old 08-31-2016, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by phillipfrankreid
We're interested in this, but have never done such a thing before with our own car (I did one-day car control at BMW Performance Driving Center two years ago and loved it). I'm wondering what kind of risk to the car we'd be taking. It's completely stock and it's going to stay that way. Driving in Group D, which we would be required to do, means the least demanding, I know, but I am wondering if there is any significant wear risk for something like this that I need to know going into it.

Phillip
Hey Phillip, your concerns are often felt my many when they first begin tracking their cars. There is very minimal wear and tear on the car other than running through brakes pads, especially rear pads if on OE pads. Just make sure all your fluids (brake, clutch, oil, trans, diff) are all fresh and you have a new set of brake pads installed. I will bring a few extra sets if anyone needs them.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:27 AM

Great info thanks. We are still seriously considering it. Of course, first we have to get the engine fixed!
Old 09-01-2016, 02:42 AM

It must also be said that the ultimate in safety depends on how hard you push it, and if you go beyond your or your car's limits, what could happen.

For this, there is track insurance. You can get the details on the registration site.

The other wear item that Brett failed to mention is the tires. you will wear the tires. New tires are not recommended, as some will "chunk" tread blocks if pushed too hard.

The thing to remember is that this is first and foremost a school, not an open track event. You will be in the beginner group, where they have specific exercises to help you learn your and your car's abilities and handling characteristics.

The final thing to remember is that you will have more fun than you can imagine, and learn a great deal about car control, while hanging out with a great group of people.

Hope to see you there,

Mark
Old 09-02-2016, 10:11 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Trying to lay my hands on a helmet and make this my first track experience.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by cars2kman
saferacer.com
Old 09-02-2016, 12:34 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Originally Posted by cars2kman' timestamp='1472839891' post='24053744
saferacer.com
Get on their mailing list first. Then get into their rewards program. Then save yourself some $$$ on your first purchase.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also check out apex performance and discovery parts. Don't buy a helmet without getting 10% off. Plenty of places to get it.

Quick Reply: 16th Annual CRMC Performance Driving School