Carolinas A Better Place to Be

New baby is finally home

Old 03-10-2017, 04:25 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
LMK what you think of those RC1's. That tread groove looks deep! I haven't heard/seen much about them.
My review thread here https://www.s2ki.com/forums/wheels-t...-rs3s-1169596/

They are a heavy sponsor of the S2000 Challenge out west: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra...walla-1169825/
Old 03-21-2017, 09:44 AM

Toyo RA1s ordered today. Weather doesn't look promising for Sunday and running in the wet on worn out RS3s doesn't sound like a smart combination.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:45 PM

New Sparco 6pt harness installed. Drill in some substrap eye bolts that came with the harness onto the passenger side. Unfortunately the Pryotect harnesses had eye bolt brackets instead of clip-style, so I had to drill another hole on the drivers side for the inside lap belt eye bolt. Adjusting belts is a bitch...my brain isn't made for it, but eventually the fitment got to my liking. The Spacro belts are 2" across the shoulders, so I think they'll fit my HANS better. Current mileage: 30753

New baby is finally home-7mcuxrj.jpg
New baby is finally home-3mndxis.jpg
Old 04-21-2017, 07:01 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hooray! I will feel much better riding with you. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2017, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by will010100
Hooray! I will feel much better riding with you. Thanks!

Order from Sparco, Official supplier of your passion , they're like 1/2 price shipped and you can use paypal.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:59 PM

Well after the little mishap, I finally got around to trying a clean her up a bit. Let me tell you, claybars do not do nearly as good of a job as a Magic Eraser on tough paint stuff. Works great on bugs too btw. Obviously, you'll need to rewax if you do this, but it didnt do too shabby of a job.

New baby is finally home-0e0zsap.jpg
New baby is finally home-yqlsiek.jpg
New baby is finally home-r3ymcj2.jpg
2x4s and a rubber mallet did a wonderful job of straightening things back to normal(ish)
New baby is finally home-yhgukfb.jpg
New baby is finally home-lu52smw.jpg
New baby is finally home-b3ixh9e.jpg
Old 05-28-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

That looks much better.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:54 AM

Big thanks to Snowmants for snapping a few of these and sending them my way This was a session or two after my incident.

New baby is finally home-pdg87q9.jpg
New baby is finally home-izcuplr.jpg
New baby is finally home-matsypv.jpg
New baby is finally home-rievmgx.jpg

Dude in the red s2k was fast
Old 08-03-2017, 05:26 PM

Deka EX14 finally all hooked up. 220CCA is a little low, but she fired right up without hesitation. The "powersports" terminal posts did require some fabrication, as the primary portion of the posts were not big enough for the normal sized terminals. I ended up knocking off the "wings" (it was built like a wingnut) and using the vice to squeeze the flared edges a bit. I also needed some more threads on the tie down rods, and thankfully had a M6x1.00 die laying around the garage to cut another 1.5 inches worth into each rod. Old battery weighed in at 27.8 lbs, the Deka is 10.

New OEM driver's side knuckle is in as well, as my little incident did in fact bent the knuckle noticeably in two places. No wonder the alignment guy couldnt get less than -3.5 camber on that side. Will run her as is in August and swap the knuckles come September. FYI, an AP1 rear knuckle does not have the same part numbers as the AP2!

New baby is finally home-4tlghsk.jpg
New baby is finally home-ojxmjh5.jpg
Old 05-27-2018, 06:21 PM

Well it's been a minute on any major mods, but ended up selling the hard dog and saved up enough to get the s2k finally caged. Towed it to Davidson, NC to Wilson's Racing Chassis (owned by Troy Wilson), who's done Charlie, Todd, Joel, and Will's cages in the past. Also ordered RaceQuip nets and hardware to complete the project. Troy is about one of the nicest guys I've met, and after seeing many pics of his work, and the price being more than reasonable, he was a no-brainer choice. Picked up the car Saturday morning and everything looked really well done. Welds were clean, minimal overspray from the paint job on the cage, and the wiring in the dash was all well managed. Will had warned me to check the clearance on the upper cross bar that goes above the windows, and I had texted Troy asking if he thought there was enough clearance. He said he thought so. I threw my helmet in the truck and went to pick the car up. Unfortunately there was just the slightest bit of contact with my helmet on. My wife had told me "come home with the car, or not at all," as I've been consuming my Saturdays with extracurriculars and the baby is really a two-person job in a given 12 hour span. Anyway, I'm a bit concerned by this, but told Troy I've got to take the car regardless and that I appreciated his work thus far. He was very understanding and professional, and suggested I bring the car in for a day and he can adjust the bars to ensure I've got proper clearance, especially when I go to add rollbar padding.

A sleeping baby is a prime opportunity to go fiddle with the race buckets, so I extracted the driver's side seat and rails this evening, made some adjustments, and now I've got about 3mm of clearance, which still isn't quite enough once I go to add padding. Here's so crappy pics:

New baby is finally home-qfny08t.jpg
New baby is finally home-9vlaqjz.jpg
New baby is finally home-7pnsqfc.jpg
New baby is finally home-6cepcoc.jpg
New baby is finally home-doscxmq.jpg

I've got ap2 retainers waiting in the wings, and working on the funds for an AEM infinity and a containment seat as these Buddy Clubs are getting a bit tired and are not SFI rated. After that, and reaching the magical 12:1 power to weight ratio for TT/ST4, I think I'll be done for a while. Maybe a set of Kosei's on Hoosiers would be nice too.

Quick Reply: New baby is finally home