Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

Full show 1972 914 for sale

Old 10-09-2003, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full show 1972 914 for sale

Heres the details on my baby.

1972 914 1.7, rebuilt from the ground up. Close to 25,000 invested in the car over the last 5 years. All recepits for major work and parts have been saved and documented. All paperwork and I mean all paperwork down to dealer oil changes have been saved and documented. Original owners manual sales recipt window sticker, busness card of the dealer, oil change book it's all there and in 9 point condition.

Just to give you the detail given to this car. Paint work: Car was stripped completely, all body work done, car painted on rotator. over 5000 dollars in paint, full Sikken multistage supplies. It is painted a very light polar silver, the same paint code as a original 56 550 spyder. There is not a single drop of bondo on this car, pant is straighter then it was from the factory.

Full logs, just had a full 30,000 mile check up at Black Forest (500$) With all wear items including belts replaced. Compression check can be done.

Original equipment items included. Blaulpoint AM/FM multiposition radio, and yes it still work and is connected to power, but car has a hidden CD changer glued not drilled to under dash. Lowered and aligned, original chrome porsche rimes. (Radio and rims and tires were dealer items and are loged on the invoice of the car) These are still on the car, they have brand new tires 500 miles on them maybe. Car had dealer special prep, we are not sure what this means, most of the porsche guys seem to think that the car was race aligned from the factory but I am unsure due to the dealer's vauge notes on the car. Plus a factory race exhaust. (Again listed on the original manifest) Look like the dealer stuck a borsch setup on the rear and called it a race pipe. definitly not something you see from the dealer often on a 914

The only deviations from stock are the removal of the vinal side panels, which can be replaced very easy for a full concours show points. The rear shocks have been upgraded to koni adjustables and the fronts and the non adjustable matching reds. There is a much heavier 1st lockout on the box to prevent hitting reverse as it is a dog leg pattern. (original is still with the car) And the above mentioned CD player with decent speakers in the normal spots no cutting of the panels though so if you found a original set you can pop them right in.

For those of you more in the know about the 914 it passes the big butt test. The rails are good, it is completely rust free, and I mean even under the battery and in the bottem of the engine compartment. The car was blasted before panting and every panel replaced that needed it with NOS parts. The motor is a stock 914 1.7 with the above mentioned exhaust. Original fuel injection which of course has been rebuilt with new injectors and the like.

I have driven this car from LA to San Diego without a hicup. It is the best car that I have seen in a long time, it took me approx 9 months to find one in this condition and I love it to death but now there are personal reasons for selling the car. The main being going back to school to get my M.B.A.

Price 9,000 dollars not firm but lets say medium tofu, car has been appraised for significantly more. It's a loss for me but at this price I can decide where the car goes, and it is more important to me to find a good owner then a good deal as these cars are getting harder and harder to find in this kind of condition.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:40 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think I'm interested at this time but I'll ask a couple of questions and give you a free bump in the process.

Does they car have air?
Any vapor lock issues?

If it was a 2.0 I'd probably be trying to sell something to get it. I wish you the best of luck on a quick sale to a good home.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:03 PM

No it's not a 2.0 which makes it way unusual car to restore, no it does not have air but it does have heat. I would say that almost no 914's have air at least with the 1.7 motor. 78hp and you need every bit of it.

Vapor lock, no she is fine, as I stated above the car is basically as if you could by one right off the lot.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:56 PM

Confirmed that the car will be with the PCA group at the historic races tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:56 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It sounds like a hell of a car for the price. I spent quite a bit of time driving 914's in the late 70's and early 80's. It doesn't matter that the car only has 78hp, it will still be a blast to drive.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:52 PM

Yeah they are steller cars, fun to push around. Through I feel bad simply driving mine as it really is a trailer queen now.

I need to get one that I don;t feel so bad about tearing it apart for fun.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:07 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

On thursday i said goodbye to my 1974 914. It had a small block 350 chevy in the rear, but was still running the stock transaxle..... that is a recipe for broken pieces!!!!

The car itself was dead mint.... whoever did it, took it all apart and stripped all undercoating, etc..... repainted it lacquer white, then put all the v8 pieces in meticulously.

It sold for $9500 to a canadian guy.