Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Road Rage - What the ~!beep!~

Old 06-15-2004, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Rage - What the ~!beep!~

As a human and as a driver, I do believe it is normal to get angry every now and then, whether it be on or off the road. It's a natural emotion, and it happens. However, if you are on the receiving end of someone's road rage, I don't suppose it is a most pleasant experience, as I found out today...and as the jerk also found out from me. If you'd like to share a story, please feel free to because I'm about to share mine - from both spectrums in one incident.

I am about to turn out onto a road from McDonald's and I see it is a Red Light with about 5 cars already stopped in the lane I'm about to turn into. I await the young girl in the Civic to pass by me and come to a stop and proceed to pull out. Now mind you, I looked both ways and made sure that the car that was coming to the stop light behind the Civic was more than a fair distance away, I'd go as far as to say the guy was about 5,000 feet away. As I accelerate into the lane and behind the Civic girl, I notice that the car is coming at me unusually fast for as there IS a red light in front of us and there ARE cars stopped in front of us. I pull behind the Civic and look into my rearview mirror with wide eyes as I'm praying that this guy doesn't rear end me at 90 MPH. He screeches to a complete stop and then I see him start shaking his head in anger, and I'm like "What the -beep-? Why is he shaking his head at ME?" So the light turns green and I proceed to turn my left blinker on and make a left turn. As the guy goes around me I see his middle finger standing up and because I had my top down I was able to hear him call me a F----r. Talk about road rage on his behalf. And now comes mine. I literally freak out. I take off my left turn signal and practically burn out to follow him, letting three cars pass me in the process. We all pull out onto Rt. 73 South and I crank in the Vtec to catch up to Mr. Mercedes who is already doing 85 in a 50. I catch him at the next red light that's past Champps restaurant and pull up next to him, even though I had about 3 car lengths ahead of me to the light, but there's no way some jerk is gonna get away from me after pulling a prank like that. I honk my horn and he looks over and here's where my Bronx road rage kicks in.

Mike:"Hey ---- face, who da ---- do you think you are? Ya think you own the road in your expensive car? You like giving people the finger and driving away like a ------' pansy? HUH?! Ya got somethin' to say, you say it to my face --- hole! There was a --- ---- red light and you come flyin' up like it's nobody's buisness and then think it's my fault you had to stop? What about the other 5 people in front of you jackass!?"

Mr. Butthead Mercedes: -no comment with a dumbfounded look upon his face-

-Green light turns, I get honked at, I burn out again and head home at a nice, even pace that follows the speed limit, SLOWING down at the sight of red lights-

Now I know that most of us on here own a semi-expensive sports car that can dish out some speed, but there really is not bloody point in coming to a red light at 100 mph ... ever!

What a freaking jerk. And in response to the Local Sightings page, I also hope (even though I'm a new S driver) that newbie buyers aren't jerkin' it out. I wave or at least try to give some type of signal to all 2000 drivers, and I don't act smug or arrogant while driving.

Ah well, that was my nice, beautiful Tuesday afternoon

-Blue Mike
Old 06-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

road rage sucks! i dont give it because i dont want to recieve it.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:12 PM

haha I had something like that happen to me.

There is a road by my house that ends and everyone stops at the light before on the right side and speeds up to jump in the lane on the left to keep going. Well I was next to this lady on the right and I speed up about 100 feet from her and go into the left lane. I here a honk. She is flailing her arms and keeping the horn pressed following me. I never give the finger but this lady got it Anyway she gets irrate. I see her going nuts screaming in her car weaving in and out of traffic. I was like this bitch is crazy. So I go and pull in the turning lane towards my house and she comes in behind me. At this point she pulled off her rearview mirror in rage and is banging her hands on the steering wheel. I told myself if she turns with me I am turning right into the municipal building (Cop station right there). Well I turn and she waits for a second then pull back onto a main road while cars are coming. I hear a bunch of screeching brakes and horns. What a friggin psycho. That was the last time I ever gave the finger.

In this day and age if you flip on someone or have road rage. You dont know if they have a gun, knife, etc. I'm not risking my life cause someone pissed me off. I barely use my horn.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:41 PM

When I was younger I would react like you. I am not sure how old you are and I'm not saying you were wrong in how you handled it(I try not to judge others) but I would have just let him on his merry way and done the same. As matter fact I laugh anymore at idiots like him.(ps I can't fight my way out of a paper bag too)
Old 06-16-2004, 08:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by charlie
When I was younger I would react like you. I am not sure how old you are and I'm not saying you were wrong in how you handled it(I try not to judge others) but I would have just let him on his merry way and done the same. As matter fact I laugh anymore at idiots like him.(ps I can't fight my way out of
Old 06-16-2004, 09:17 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paulieblks2k
Old 06-16-2004, 12:12 PM

Well, in response to Charlie, I am only 19 going on 20, but if you ask anyone I am the most loveable, easy going, laid back guy. However, if you do get me angry, I do tend to freak out and I suppose it doesn't help that I grew up in the Bronx. Still, though, there was no need for the jerk to give my the finger and mouth off to me, he was the one that wasn't driving properly, speeding up to the red light and speeding everywhere else. Sure, we have fast cars too, but I'm not speeding up to a red light nor do I think I am King of the Road. I was actually in a relatively happy mood until it all happened, I think what got me is that he almost rear ended me whereas if it was anyone else they would've been waaaay back behind me slowing down towards the red light. Come to think of it, I still had valid enough space when I pulled up, even though he was going 1000000 mph, he just didn't slow down til the very end....grrr~!
Old 06-16-2004, 04:07 PM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

I see your point but guess what, I see these idiots everyday and you just have to realize that there are too many of them out there to get too upset about. They are the ones you hear about that, unfortunately, cause terrible accidents and usually walk away while injuring or killing other innocent people. Driving like them to get retribution only heightens your probability of causing an accident and I think you would feel bad if that happened. Try to restrain yourself, stay calm and most importantly dont overreact.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:17 AM

He's right, snobs who drive expensive cars like fools and give you the finger while yelling expicatives at you should be ignored on the road. It's better to just find out where they're going and deal with it off the road the way human beings have dealt with A-Holes forever. Oh, and if he has a gun, great I have a phone and then the police can finally get involved!

There's no excuse for bad driving behavior like that and it's something that shouldn't be shrugged off and passed on to the next unsuspecting driver that crosses his path. The only real reason I can see for not confronting an ignorant idiot like that, is fear of confrontation, which some people have and is everyone's right to feel but something I don't have a problem with.

I'm the opposite of Charlie I guess, when I was younger I may have laughed and said "Wow, what a jerk!", but I'm 36 now and growing real tired of the large number of idiot drivers out there ruining my drive and making a trip anywhere a stressful activity; and sorry I don't subscribe to the Star-Trekian, liberal attitude of looking the other way and hoping things work themselves out. It's amazing I feel this way 'cause I'm not even Republican, go figure.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:47 AM

This is actually quite funny. I've had this theory for a few years now that most assholes on the road drive mercs. Now this of course doesn't work both ways ie. not all merc drivers are jerks.
I get cut off almost everytime I drive the porsche. I've found the best defense is excellent brakes.
And the best one of all.... Those buttheads that think they can take the left lane cause they're doing 70-80mph?? If your not passing someone move the hell OVER!!

Quick Reply: Road Rage - What the ~!beep!~