Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Kingdom of Heaven

Old 05-17-2005, 07:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kingdom of Heaven

Kingdom of Heaven tracks the battle over ownership of Jerusalem. Essentially the Christians and the Muslims duke it out to see who gets to sit on the throne. For anyone who has seen Gladiator this film will not hold any new techniques for the filming of the action sequences. Scott maintains his jerky extreme close ups for the group combat sequences. This is something that I personally hated about Gladiator and still hold distain for; the redemption in this movie is that the individual fight scenes are quite well done and the siege sequence is enjoyable even though RoTK just did such a spectacular job of depicting siege warfare.

Bloom, does a good job in this movie. Not a great job by any means but he plays the character convincingly and his casting in this role was very appropriate. The only draw back to this is that he is meant to be the focal character and simply does not carry enough on screen presence to offer a convincing monologue. Think of Braveheart and the rallying of the troops. Bloom simply cannot yet muster this level of
Old 05-17-2005, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think his look would serve him to play a good role as the one he played in Troy. I don't see him as a masculine, heroic protagonist.