Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Old 02-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by hirev
So this made it to HBO and I saw it, and now I have watched it more than once. it's all the aspects of Road Warrior without the crap that followed. Its even stealing plot elements and scenes from RW. And it's great, cannot think of anything to critique or add, it's actually a good story with fleshed out characters once you get over the initial awe of the special effects and action. All the money in on the screen. It is to be a rare 10 out of 10( i can get swept away with it easily) and I am so glad they did not dredge up Mel to play the lead, totally fine with a new Max, and Tom nails the part with minimal dialogue. Sure it's an action film, then it's a social commentary, and it's a character driven thrill ride that's addictive. Each time i have seen it i pick up a word or two I did not notice before, adding to the plot line, reinforcing what comes next. Each time I see it there is another level of action showing up, fantastic stunts and motor vehicles. Yeah, it's great entertainment and immediate pleasure if you are into that sort of thing, no filler, just 100% action protein.
Ive seen it 3 times now in 3D in my home theater and I think you said it well, I totally agree Its a fun movie that im sure I will see several more time in the future just like the originals. This movie is a departure, its own thing really. So its good they didn't grab Mel for the job or I think it would have just created confusion. The new guy was great. This movie was my first and only introduction to him to date.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Of the three mel gibson movies, the 2nd is the best...the first is raw and sets the stage.... the second develops the society, world, and introduces the odd characters who are mutated humans en mass, and the action scenes are mimicked in the new film... the third is more of the same with not much going for it other than a Mad Max fix...then came this one....spectacular and includes many of the elements of the second film that made it stand out.