Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Devil's Triangle drive Saturday after rollout

Old 05-16-2016, 04:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Devil's Triangle drive Saturday after rollout

Hey everyone, I was supposed to do the Devil's Triangle run via Hilltops and returning to Dragon with Adnan (pwrinx) Saturday after the rollout. https://goo.gl/maps/ocT2Y7zz39E2 Now that he is unable to go, I am opening up this drive to 5-6 cars max and seeing if there is any interest. I noticed most of the main drives are maxed out on drivers spots so this made me think some would want to go with a smaller group on a different drive. This will be a moderate drive and we plan to stop and eat possibly in Rocky Top (not mapped but close). If there is interest, can you add this to the group drive list? I will take 5-6 spots max please.

1. VanDiemen - Emil
2. RLT - Joerg
3. Pegann2
4. JJ
5. Artin
7.pwrinx - Adnan? (Hopefully)

2 slots left!!
Old 05-16-2016, 04:51 AM
RLT

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Hello Emil,
I am possibly interested in this drive, all depends what you consider moderate. My S2000 is bone stock and is lacking serious horsepower compared to yours. Never did this drive.

Joerg
Old 05-16-2016, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by RLT
Hello Emil, I am possibly interested in this drive, all depends what you consider moderate. My S2000 is bone stock and is lacking serious horsepower compared to yours. Never did this drive. Joerg
Hey, I would define moderate as no more than 8 over on straights to get there; and since the Devil's Triangle is a very exciting but dangerous road with no runoff, I will be going no more than 5 over (40mph) in the curves. I'm not looking to break any speed records, I track my car so I don't use the dragon roads to get my thrills as much anymore, I like the adventure of seeking out new roads and sceneries. Coal creek smokehouse or fox's Bbq in rocky top would be a good choice for food.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:45 AM
RLT

Originally Posted by vanDiemen
Originally Posted by RLT
Hello Emil, I am possibly interested in this drive, all depends what you consider moderate. My S2000 is bone stock and is lacking serious horsepower compared to yours. Never did this drive. Joerg
Hey, I would define moderate as no more than 8 over on straights to get there; and since the Devil's Triangle is a very exciting but dangerous road with no runoff, I will be going no more than 5 over (40mph) in the curves. I'm not looking to break any speed records, I track my car so I don't use the dragon roads to get my thrills as much anymore, I like the adventure of seeking out new roads and sceneries. Coal creek smokehouse or fox's Bbq in rocky top would be a good choice for food.
Definitely interested if this drive is a go!
Old 05-16-2016, 10:02 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm stilp trying to make this work. Put me in as the 6th spot for now. To get back to where I need to go for my friends wedding and the camping trip, I'll follow you guys at least to the interstate!
Old 05-24-2016, 01:58 AM
RLT

Hello Mike,
Can you add this drive to the Summer Dragon Drives?
Old 05-24-2016, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I would be interested in joining you guys on this drive as well. You can count me in as well as my buddy JJ. That will make 8
Old 05-24-2016, 11:58 AM

It's only 4 if you have two cars, Adnan said to add him 6th in case he made it but the spots ahead are still empty. I'll edit to make the spacing clearer. Looking forward to some good roads!
Old 05-24-2016, 02:54 PM

Received 158 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by RLT
Hello Mike,
Your wish is my command!
Old 05-24-2016, 05:17 PM
RLT

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
Originally Posted by RLT' timestamp='1464083894' post='23974900
Hello Mike,
Your wish is my command!
I guess I will need to bring some Bourbon then. Btw can you take me of the Cherry Cola drive that Ken is leading on Saturday.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Devil's Triangle drive Saturday after rollout