Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Devil's Triangle Thursday April 27- Canadian content

Old 01-13-2017, 07:19 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts
Smile Devil's Triangle Thursday April 27- Canadian content

I'll be stopping for a late lunch/early dinner at the Coal Creek Smokehouse in Rocky Top, TN. Should arrive about 2 pm or so.

Here is the route from there.
https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Coal+...35.4356433!3e0

If you'd like to join the mayhem, then post here so I can tell them how many to expect. i'll post up adjustments to the schedule in the week prior to the event. There are going to be 2 of us Canucks- I've done this route numerous times and my buddy Ted will be a rookie so I'll try to keep the speeds…um…relatively …oh who am I kidding.

darcy

Last edited by darcyw; 01-13-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:03 PM

Just wanted to bump this drive up for those around on Thursday mid day on Devil's Triangle.

darcy
Old 02-07-2017, 05:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I joined Darcy last September. It was my first time through the triangle and it was a great experience. Those switchbacks are both unique and challenging. If your having lunch in TN, it's a short drive north to meet him.

Pedro
Old 03-16-2017, 05:47 PM

Just to give this a bump up. Ted and I plan is to be in Rocky Top, TN for lunch at Coal Creek Smokehouse about 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm if all goes to plan. We'll do the devil's triangle drive after.

may see you there!

darcy
Old 03-29-2017, 06:55 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Mind if a NY Metro member crashes the party? Lol.

I'm driving down from NY Wednesday afternoon and most likely staying overnight in Roanake, VA Wednesday night.

I could meet you for the luncheon and the subsequent drive through devil's triangle. It sounds like a great time!

PS - I'm also planning on doing the Pitch Black Drive later that evening as well.

- Fernando
Old 03-29-2017, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by 2NDW1FE
Mind if a NY Metro member crashes the party? Lol.

I'm driving down from NY Wednesday afternoon and most likely staying overnight in Roanake, VA Wednesday night.

I could meet you for the luncheon and the subsequent drive through devil's triangle. It sounds like a great time!

PS - I'm also planning on doing the Pitch Black Drive later that evening as well.

- Fernando
come on in, the water's fine. you're welcome to join in.
set your radio to channel 4. We'll make some shout outs from time to time. find us at coal creek smokehouse.

till then
darcy
Old 04-02-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Darcy, are you going to be in Marion, VA on Wednesday night? If so, what is your itinerary Thursday? I may just head out with you guys and do this white knuckle drive but I'll be in the back.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:24 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pwrinxs
Darcy, are you going to be in Marion, VA on Wednesday night? If so, what is your itinerary Thursday? I may just head out with you guys and do this white knuckle drive but I'll be in the back.
I think the non-s/c guy (me) should probably be in the back lol.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Darcy is doing a totally different trip then the Canadians you are meeting up with in Marion. You can follow the group arriving Friday night in fontana or Thursday afternoon.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:12 PM

I'll be leaving wednesday night north of Detroit and stop just south of Cincinnati- then on the road around 10:00 am or so on thursday.

see you out there.

​​​​​​​darcy

Quick Reply: Devil's Triangle Thursday April 27- Canadian content