Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Friday super drive - map inside for brave souls

Old 02-20-2017, 04:08 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Bama Dave
Darcyw if you are leading this one I'm in. That way Matt the dent guru can repair a good ding in the driver's door on Saturday morning. Would like to know the pace or just curious

See you there Super Dave
This is a Friday drive- think Fridays for Franklin, and Wayah, and Cherohola, and 315, etc etc. Aggressive pace. Typical is 0-5 over posted limit in residential areas and fast enough to keep out of the way of the car behind everywhere else- mostly like this.

Saturday drive is posted elsewhere.
see you then Dave.

darcy
Old 02-21-2017, 12:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Going to hook up with you in Marion on Wednesday. Hope that's ok with you. Going to stay with Brett in NC the beginnings of the week. Doing ALGP the weekend before. Don't know about the Georgia part of the trip because I will doing a lot of those roads on the way up to Brett's house. I have all day to get his house. See you soon. You know me
Ken, can you change Bama Dave's screen name to " it's a mystery" ?
Old 02-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by zenairdave
Ken, can you change Bama Dave's screen name to " it's a mystery" ?
I change my mind as much as you change your mounts. Wait that doesn't sound right.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:46 PM

I change my mind as much as you change your mounts. Wait that doesn't sound right.
well, feel free to come along on Friday if you're in Fontana.

darcy
​​​​​​​
Old 02-21-2017, 06:38 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Going to hook up with you in Marion on Wednesday. Hope that's ok with you. Going to stay with Brett in NC the beginnings of the week. Doing ALGP the weekend before. Don't know about the Georgia part of the trip because I will doing a lot of those roads on the way up to Brett's house. I have all day to get his house. See you soon. You know me
It will be awesome to see you there too Bama. This is similar to my plan. I am thinking of driving to Marion to meet up with the Canadian crew Wed as well. I'll look for a room nearby as I heard its all sold out where you all are staying. Or I could crash on the floor with my sleeping bag too....let's see. It all depends on if I can leave work a little early Wednesday. Excited!
Old 02-22-2017, 12:13 AM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by pwrinxs
It will be awesome to see you there too Bama. This is similar to my plan. I am thinking of driving to Marion to meet up with the Canadian crew Wed as well. I'll look for a room nearby as I heard its all sold out where you all are staying. Or I could crash on the floor with my sleeping bag too....let's see. It all depends on if I can leave work a little early Wednesday. Excited!
Check with the hotel, I got a few extra rooms and one may be available.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:31 AM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Boy do my Canadian friends know how to put together a route. Driving each route as if it could be the last. Some say that's the way one should live life. I may have to jump in on this one as well, depending on Ladyship's plans for Friday.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Darcy. Since we will be starting Friday from much further south than you (Toccoa), its unlikely we will do more than cross paths. Available time is going to dictate whether we finish up on Cherohalo and 129 or 360 which is faster and includes the Dragon
Old 02-22-2017, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by zenairdave
Darcy. Since we will be starting Friday from much further south than you (Toccoa), its unlikely we will do more than cross paths. Available time is going to dictate whether we finish up on Cherohalo and 129 or 360 which is faster and includes the Dragon
as always, keep trying channel 4. we might pick up each other as we pass nearby.

​​​​​​​darcy
Old 03-06-2017, 02:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Artin and I are totally on board for this!

Originally Posted by CenturionS2K
Boy do my Canadian friends know how to put together a route. Driving each route as if it could be the last. Some say that's the way one should live life. I may have to jump in on this one as well, depending on Ladyship's plans for Friday.
Hope to see you on this drive Helio!

Quick Reply: Friday super drive - map inside for brave souls