Engine Swaps Discussion of alternate engine swaps into the S2000 other than F20/22. K24, 2JZ, V6, V8 etc...

Sourcing Motor mounts, non-rigid (Solved!)

Old 11-14-2016, 05:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

jeremy_ls2k on instagram makes the mounts that attach to the hasports.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Isnt import muscles (Engine mount) setup different? This way seems easier?!?!?! any insight why this is? opinions? this bushing setup also looks like it would seem more comfortable with engine vibes compared to other v8 swap options.

Of course you picked this setup so you maximize room for the turbo kit. Just wondering cause this still seems easier then the IM "Kit"

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 02-08-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:42 AM

It is easier and harder. Motorplates only require welding one angle iron on each frame rail. Not too hard, but as a trade off you get to have no motormounts under the car to deal with so your exhaust options are easier. As a side note the engine also becomes a structural member between each rail
Old 02-09-2017, 06:12 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Guess I should give some feedback now that my swap is running. I've got about 500 miles on the car at this point and I can say that the poly mounts are absolutely essential to making the car more enjoyable to drive on the street. Honestly I was blown away by how little NVH is translated from the engine through the poly mounts. One of, if not THE most important thing to me when performing this swap was that I would still have a comfortable ride as far as noise, vibration, and harshness. Its why I chose a very tame muffler/exhaust and why I chose to go poly mount versus rigid. I'm completely satisfied with the way the car feels as far as these mounts are concerned. The pains of exhaust routing and alternator selection were well worth it to have these mounts.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:28 PM

The damn starter was my only hassle. Damn thing touches the mounts!
Old 02-10-2017, 05:49 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tehk
The damn starter was my only hassle. Damn thing touches the mounts!
LOL, I told you before that even the Summit starter didn't fit for me!
Old 02-10-2017, 06:01 AM

I got it to fit luckily
Old 02-10-2017, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made my own mounts that bolt to the s2k subframe, then attach to a poly mount on the motor. I've got all of probably $50 in them using an off the shelf (aka CHEAPLY sourced/replaced) poly bushing. I can use a stock starter, I have no dipstick interference.

No offense to anybody, especially Jeremy because he makes a quality product, but it's definitely not cost effective by the time you buy the adapters, the mini starter, plus the Hasport mounts.

IDK why the import swap guys always make stuff so difficult (read: expensive). Making mounts in the domestic world is as common as changing oil, but I guess Honda/Nissan/Lexus swap guys like to waste money! Then down the line when you do need to replace things it's a hassle (mount inserts, starter). Hell, I guess it's good that everyone acts like the mount issue is a huge deal. It's helped keep the swap relatively uncommon until very recently lol. Hopefully it stays that way.

Tehk, I'm really surprised you didn't build your own mounts since you're a fabricator.

But yes having the motor plates gives you a lot more room on the sides of the motor for exhaust/plumbing.

I think being honest with what you really want out of the build in advance will help with the decision of plates vs mounts. If it's a track car or "race car", there's no reason not to use plates IMO. Cheap, easy, lots of room between motor and frame rail compared to mounts.

With some creativity I've been able fit a turbo, retain full tucked a/c, poly bushings, and maintain stock ground clearance (read: no cross over tube under motor/trans).
Old 02-10-2017, 08:02 PM

If I wasn't in the city and had the car at home/work I would have. I had to rent a shop just to do the swap. Turns out the place only had a 15 amp service with a breaker being inaccessible during non-office hours. The small heliarc I grabbed from my fab shop blew the damn thing immediately on a three day holiday and again next weekend using a angle grinder and I pretty much gave up the idea of being able to weld or use power tools. I was just frustrated and wanted the car rolling so I could tow it down the street to work and do all the real work at my sheet metal shop.

I already had the hasports sitting on the F series so it wasn't that bad on my pocket. Guess I could have made a mockup and make it at work but I was actually trying to finish the car before last spring(fat chance I was 5 months late!) so I wanted a known working mount that I had spotted on instagram. Was also planning on going turbo from the start so I wasnt concerned with how they mounted offset. Had I known about the starter(dipstick was minor enough) I would have did my own for sure.

A few months later I convinced the owner to allow me to get my own 50amp service so I am in a better spot now with having a tig, mig, plasma, powertools, and lift on hand. I know I'm spoiled but having brakes, shears, mills, punches, and lasers/plasma at work really makes doing basic shit without them seem like a pain.

Last edited by Tehk; 02-10-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tehk
If I wasn't in the city and had the car at home/work I would have. I had to rent a shop just to do the swap. Turns out the place only had a 15 amp service with a breaker being inaccessible during non-office hours. The small heliarc I grabbed from my fab shop blew the damn thing immediately on a three day holiday and again next weekend using a angle grinder and I pretty much gave up the idea of being able to weld or use power tools. I was just frustrated and wanted the car rolling so I could tow it down the street to work and do all the real work at my sheet metal shop.

I already had the hasports sitting on the F series so it wasn't that bad on my pocket. Guess I could have made a mockup and make it at work but I was actually trying to finish the car before last spring(fat chance I was 5 months late!) so I wanted a known working mount that I had spotted on instagram. Was also planning on going turbo from the start so I wasnt concerned with how they mounted offset. Had I known about the starter(dipstick was minor enough) I would have did my own for sure.

A few months later I convinced the owner to allow me to get my own 50amp service so I am in a better spot now with having a tig, mig, plasma, powertools, and lift on hand. I know I'm spoiled but having brakes, shears, mills, punches, and lasers/plasma at work really makes doing basic shit without them seem like a pain.
now that my swap is finally complete(with Import Muscle brackets), I'm looking for options on other mounts. The vibration is def not bad, but if there's a cost efficient way to get more vibrations out I'm up for that.
Are any of you guys in the MD/DC/VA area? Would love to meet up if possible

Quick Reply: Sourcing Motor mounts, non-rigid (Solved!)