Euromeet 2009 - 10th Anniversary Archive from this legendary meet!

Brilliant, Awesome, Incredible, Thank-you Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Wink

"One of my nicest days in life"

This quote from Yamamoto San, Uhera San's interpreter sums it all up for me.

This time last year when Lee spoke to me about having a European get together, this seemed like an impossible dream. I really now do believe in the power of dreams.

The event was absolutely fantastic.

The experience of over 200 S2000's together, seeing them all pull off the morning of the drive on Saturday, arriving at the first stop with the snow around the mountains, driving some of the best roads in Europe, the honour and pleasure of having Uhera San, the chief designer of the S2000 in attendance, and the emotion of his speech, and not only that, hearing that he has had a thouroughly enjoyable weekend, and that Yamamoto has ordered an S2000 today, are just a few things that made it so special.

On top of that, being with the lovely lovely cars, in a lovely lovely place, with lovely lovely roads, and meeting so many lovely lovely people.

This event would never have been possible without so many people contributing to help. I've said some thanks already but I will do so again.

Lee - Who came up with the idea and has worked so so hard to pull it all together

Furio, Beppe, and all of S2K Club Italia for their excellent faultless organisation and putting on such a good event, day and night.

Uhera San and his interpreter Yamamoto San for flying in from Japan and attending.

Sarah - for working with Honda UK and Europe and managing to get Uhera San to attend, also for organising the auction and raffle donations.

Arran for making the Euromeet logo and merchandise
Nick for helping sell it in the "shop"

The group leaders, who got people there and home safely, and the italian group leaders for their excellent routes and drive round on Saturday.

Auto Express for attending and covering the event, look forward to seeing the article

Yuri for being our official photographer

Brian and Phil for sorting out the DVD

The Sponsors for donating prizes and helping with the tablemats

The Hotels
The Pala Levico
The local Police for helping

AND EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED

It was the best event I have ever attended, I don't know how it will ever be topped!

Old 04-15-2009, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys!

I would like to thank's everyone has partecipate to this event and helped with their presence to make this dream comes true. The organization was a hard work but you all has given us the best way to make us proud for such a big community of S2000 owners

What about Lee... simply a great person who has worked a lot for us and maked this all possible! A friend!

As always, sorry for my poor english

Cheers from Trento!

Simon
Old 04-15-2009, 02:23 AM

Simply awesome

Old 04-15-2009, 02:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It will live long in the memory I don't think it will ever be topped.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:41 AM

Hi Simon !

My turn to thank you all at S2K Italia for preparing us such a good trip on saturday in the mountains, and all this top notch organisation !

Grazie mille !

Olivier
Old 04-15-2009, 03:01 AM

Thank you to everyone for your generous donations to the charity auction/raffle (thanks to Maggie and Dai for helping fold raffle tickets and to Tintop for being a donation courier)

This has helped to raise 10,000 Euros so far. This will be split between Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) and The Italian Earthquake fund.

Lee is such a brilliant man, his organisation, hard work and passion is amazing. As has already been said, nothing will ever top this. There has been non stop laughing with a little bit of emotional tears of joy.

The Italians were such wonderful hosts, Furio and Beppe didn't stop all weekend, they must be exhausted and what fabulous roads

It was great to see the people of the Trento region waving from the roadside throughout the route. The children seemed to love it.

I have had such a fantastic time, I will never forget our new friend Uehara-san's speech and am so pleased to hear from Yamamoto that they have both had such a brilliant time. Big to Emma at Honda UK

Looking forward now to seeing the video and pictures
Old 04-15-2009, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Kaku,Apr 15 2009, 02:41 AM
Hi Simon !

My turn to thank you all at S2K Italia for preparing us such a good trip on saturday in the mountains, and all this top notch organisation !

Grazie mille !

Olivier
Hi Olivier!

You was in my group on saturday (French and Greeks). Hope you have enjoied the first part in the mountains Of course due a lot of cars it was not possible to maintain the same drive guide BTW if someone is passing here in the future I'm glad to show new roads as well

Bye!!

Simon
Old 04-15-2009, 07:31 AM

Everything surpassed my expectations. The organisation, the location, the programme, the weather, the participants. A big thank you everyone who donated their time to make this happen - it was a one off.

Gavin
Old 04-15-2009, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by RevRanger,Apr 15 2009, 10:35 AM
I don't think it will ever be topped.
You nicked that from my thank you speech in the photo thread!

Will repeat myself here. Thanks to everyone involved with the orgaising. Had a fantastic time and definitely want to take my own S next time. Anyone want to come with me?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speechless!!!!!!!

A big thanks to everyone who participate in this excellent orginized event!!!!!!

i don't know about others but the whole Greek community was impressed from the excellent work was done in this event. The organization was PERFECT

Many stories to say to my grandchildren from this event...(still don't have children though )

Quick Reply: Brilliant, Awesome, Incredible, Thank-you Thread