Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Anyone near Ormond Beach & want to check out a car for me?

Old 01-22-2017, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone near Ormond Beach & want to check out a car for me?

Hey! Is anyone in or near the Ormond Beach area where you might want to check out this car for me? Pretty please?
Cars for Sale: Used 2004 Honda S2000 in , Ormond Beach FL: 32174 Details - Convertible - Autotrader

Old 01-23-2017, 05:46 AM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Are you pretty serious about this car? If so, have you gone through your preliminary questions (e.g., history, accidents, maintenance) and run a car fax? I don't know if there are any s2ki members in that area. However, if the seller is willing to drive north a bit to Jacksonville , someone in the forum should be able to take a look. Even then, you should have the seller take to a shop or honda dealer (better than nothing at all) for a pre-purchase inspection. Let me know and we can take it from there.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been serious about all 7 of the S2000s I've gone to see, and each time, the car sounds like it's "the one" when speaking w/ the owner or dealer. The problem is I'm picky (as most of us on this board are), and while I'm going to give allowances for the fact that these are all used cars, I want one that is similar to how I took care of mine. I'm coming across stuff like paint chips, scratches/scrapes, dents, etc. that don't show in pictures. I keep hearing how these cars (again, from the owners/dealers) are in "excellent" condition only to get there & find a cracked front bumper, white paint on the driver's seat that was smeared into it, a misaligned front bumper, a ripped dash that was pulling away from the windshield, ripped tops, and various other things that, had I know about them ahead of time, I would've bypassed from the get-go. Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting...

Some of the old school OG s2ki members (Willie Gee, Chung) used to be up that way. I just figured if someone was nearby and didn't mind doing a quick look, I could at least be saved from driving 2+ hours each way to run into the same disappointment I've had before. You guys on here know what stuff is usually an issue on these cars (front bumpers, seats, tops, etc.).

Just spoke w/ the owner; he's the 4th or 5th owner & has had it since 2012. According to him, the interior is in excellent shape, the top/wheels/driver's seat are all really good, the front bumper was replaced due to a "fender bender" that also had some type of impact on the headlight, and there are minimal scratches/scrapes/paint chips/dings/etc. that you'd "have to look really hard to even notice." Car was never (at least under this guy's ownership) tracked or auto-xed.