Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

Anything New?

Old 07-26-2016, 08:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anything New?

Anything new with the local crew? New mods, maintenance, polishing, learn anything new about your car? Any and all convo welcome!

I learned just a week or so ago, the tires that are on my car from the previous owner, suck for this car. I was merging onto the interstate in damp weather and the car started to slide, 4 wheel style. YAY!

Your turn folks!
Old 07-26-2016, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, I don't think we have much going on till Sept. detail day then, been to Hot for that right now. Third Thur. of the month Pizza, kind of a long run for you I think. We are suppose to have some day runs coming up, haven't seen any plans posted on them yet. Sorry been kind of slow around here lately, I think everyone has had a lot going on this summer. Ya watch your self on wet streets with the wrong tires, and a rear wheel drive car. Be safe.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Deepblue
Hey, I don't think we have much going on till Sept. detail day then, been to Hot for that right now. Third Thur. of the month Pizza, kind of a long run for you I think. We are suppose to have some day runs coming up, haven't seen any plans posted on them yet. Sorry been kind of slow around here lately, I think everyone has had a lot going on this summer. Ya watch your self on wet streets with the wrong tires, and a rear wheel drive car. Be safe.

Thanks Deepblue, I was more just wanting to see what everybody was up to and start a conversation. I really want to make a trip up there, just hadn't done it yet. So I figured I would at least get a normal convo started up since it seems to dry right now.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:03 PM

ya it has been a little dry, first think we get going ill let you know. what shape is the paint on your S
Old 07-27-2016, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the 17th of Aug, from 3 pm till 7:30 pm there will be a performance driving experince at Gateway race track. There are 3 S2000 entered, it free to watch. I,ll be there in my S2000 CR.

John
Old 07-28-2016, 06:35 AM

ya it has been a little dry, first think we get going ill let you know. what shape is the paint on your S
Paint is in overall good shape. I need to have my rear spoiler and my mirrors repainted. The previous owner had the front end repainted at one point so it looks good. I will most likely polish it up before winter sets in.

Originally Posted by apexblue
On the 17th of Aug, from 3 pm till 7:30 pm there will be a performance driving experince at Gateway race track. There are 3 S2000 entered, it free to watch. I,ll be there in my S2000 CR.

John
Man, That sounds awesome! I may try to go up there to at least watch, that would be badass to participate! My car isn't track ready but I really want the experience behind the wheel of the S2K on the track. I'm and alright driver, technique wise, but not knowing the S and how it moves when it gets pushed is my largest downfall.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by apexblue

John

Hey John, would you have more info on this? I don't see anything on the Gateway Schedule. Let me know if you can, I would greatly appreciate it

Edit:
I assume this is it?
http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...8#.V5odMLgrKUk
Old 07-28-2016, 08:24 AM

Bring it to a detail day to get it polished if you can we have the chemicals and equipment, and experience.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:11 AM

Bring it to a detail day to get it polished if you can we have the chemicals and equipment, and experience.
Thanks Dan. I've actually got a polisher with multiple compounds and pads. Detailed cars for 5 years ;-)

This is the day after I got the car. washed, polished(Zaino), and waxed(Zymol). Just a quickie though, all by hand, Not my best work.
Name:  20160530_145110-1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  359.1 KB

Since that pic I have removed the black window trim and removed and mounted the drivers side badge to be oem spec. I've done more but not that you see in that picture.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:19 AM

looks good. detail day is still a lot of fun. just car guys getting together helping each other work on there cars. i don't usually do much on my car i keep it shiny, maybe change fluids. but i help work on others cars.

Quick Reply: Anything New?