Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

So.. I locked my keys in my trunk..

Old 10-30-2013, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So.. I locked my keys in my trunk..

So today on lunch, I go home to find my buddy getting ready for work. He asks me if I have the straps to a pair of tactical goggles which I thought may have been in my trunk. Go down to the car, can't find the strap, close the trunk. Not 5 seconds later I'm fumbling around looking for my keys when it hits me, I LOCKED THEM IN MY TRUNK. Several curse words later I call my insurance company looking for roadside assistance with them telling me they would only unlock my doors. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I lock my glovebox for when I leave it parked top-down and haven't got around to unlocking it. So my only choice with them was to pay $60 for a dude to come out, open my doors for me, and then leave it up to me to break my glove box lock to get to the trunk release. Didn't like this at all so I tried to get in with a coat hanger. The coat hanger wasn't long enough from where I was and I had to be back to work soon so I ended up calling the dealership who says they will make a dummy key for me. Wish I would've called them first, would've saved me from scratching the edge of my tint up.

Long story short; Awful day, had to vent, getting the dummy key after work.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:23 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Ouch... That sucks. You were at home? Don't have a spare in the house?
Old 10-30-2013, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did this in my VW at the end of a golf tournament. I pulled my keys out, unlocked the trunk, threw the keys back in the bag and threw it all in the car. The trunk locks automatically when closed.

had to call road side assistance and have them come out and open my car door. The guy who came out was hilarious - I told him he was really fast at opening the door, and he said, 'I had a lot of practice when I was a lot younger....' hahaha.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was home but no, no spare. Learning my lesson and picking up a dummy key for now. Need to get an actual spare key though in the near future. I've locked my keys in my car before on my old civic with auto-lock, but I've been pretty careful the past couple years to not let this happen. One slip..

I would've called roadside assistance but $60 seemed a little outrageous. Plus I still would've had to break the glove compartment just to get to the trunk release. I'm just happy this is about to be over.