Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

FAQ's about Maui, Kauai, The Big Island...

Old 08-02-2006, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to the big island and I'm planning on renting a standard or the mid size suv so we can head up the mountain and beaches to see all the tourist spots. It's just me and wife so I was wondering do we really need to get a SUV to do all that or can I just get a mid size car like a Pointiac G6 or whatever those things are called. It's only for 2 days.

Please your suggestion might save me a $100......I'm leaving soon so please reply ASAP.....thanks!!
Old 08-02-2006, 11:20 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PAKS2K,Aug 2 2006, 12:21 PM
I'm going to the big island and I'm planning on renting a standard or the mid size suv so we can head up the mountain and beaches to see all the tourist spots. It's just me and wife so I was wondering do we really need to get a SUV to do all that or can I just get a mid size car like a Pointiac G6 or whatever those things are called. It's only for 2 days.

Please your suggestion might save me a $100......I'm leaving soon so please reply ASAP.....thanks!!
We were in the Big Island about a year ago. We rented the cheapest little econobox we could find. Unless you go off-roading, there isn't anywhere you can't get to in a little crappy car. There aren't a lot of "tourist spots" that you need to go off-road to get to (or allowed to).
Old 08-06-2006, 11:23 PM

Got back from an awesome trip to the Big Island. Taking the S to the Big Island would be really cool on the long trip from Kona to Kilauea National Park it's pretty curvey and same with the Saddle Road near the Hilo Side.

The weather was both good and bad. It's a nice weekend trip, I just wish I was able to see the lava.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:25 PM

Just holding a dokey ball in Kona

Old 10-20-2006, 10:47 AM

Just got back from Kauai and had a great time with the family! T'was my second time in Hawaii and going there for some R&R has never disappointed me. Great food, great people, and beautiful island!

Just a few pics:

Waimea Canyon - awesome drive! Please let locals pass and see how amazing they drive... well, if you can catch up.

Kalalau Lookout - go here first and make your stops on the way down.

Sunset - goes well with longboard and poki

Stop by Kuaui Coffee and try all the free coffee samples before heading to roadtrips!

Possibly the best banana desert! Hit up Poipu Golf resort in the evening but dont forget to try the crab cakes for breakfast!

Also checked out Kapaa, Keoki, Kukui Grove, Princeville, etc. etc. etc. Avoid rush hour if you can. There is a back road you can take to avoid HWY 50 from Lihue to Poipu. haha.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:02 PM

Just returned from Maui. Stayed `at the Grand Wailea resort. It is just about one of the coolest places on earth. Sadly, the "S" was missing. Beautiful scenery. You almost don't need to leave the resort. Alexander's makes for a nice inexpensive lunch. Ono fish meal is really good. Mama's fish house was even better but it is pricy. Gotta do it at least once! Awesome ambient and awesome food! Make reservations early if you plan on going ther though. Can't wait to go back.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:28 PM
lig
Community Organizer

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jamescardenas07,Jul 12 2005, 10:23 PM
i love de roads here
oh yes... very nice roads indeed. i had that POS Sebring squealing like the understeering pig is it.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:20 PM

Well I'm about to finish off my cruise with my family in Oahu. Unfortunately I just found this tread today; I did however found many of the locations that had been mentioned. Unfortunately I did not have enough time on shore to do more site seeing.

So Far we've loved the beaches in Kona and Maui. I think the abundance of sea turtles made my kids extremely happy.

I'm hoping to at least try malasadas
Old 04-24-2008, 04:46 PM

kauai article

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/getaways/04...uaii/index.html
Old 03-22-2009, 07:30 PM

good reads

Quick Reply: FAQ's about Maui, Kauai, The Big Island...