Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

management

Old 04-12-2015, 07:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i will be running obx itbs, rdx injectors, k-tuned fpr, hondata intake manifold gasket. im not to sure on how my vacuum lines will be ran. i want to buy the urge vacuum block. does anyone know if the obx block will be fine? and also ive been looking at a lot of other peoples itb set ups and how they ran theyre fuel lines. how come some have a return fuel line and some dont on the front end of the fuel rail??
Old 04-13-2015, 12:20 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

The fuel lines comes down to choice and asthetics. What I see people doing it putting a T in the line as it comes into the back side of the fuel rail, they will also add a gauge there and then cap off the front of the rail. They will run the bottom of the T into the fuel pressure regulator, and the output from that goes back to the fuel return. I don't know if one set up is better than the other, for my ITBs I ran the line off the front of the rail to the FPR, it worked fine but I always wished I had done it the way I mentioned above to clean things up a bit.

I don't think you need the Hondata IMG, at least I didn't when I went down the ITB route. Unless you have a specific reason you want the gasket I would just stick with OEM.

The vacuum system is going to give you some more choices, how important is A/C for you? Do you want to incorporate the OEM IACV or are you going to remove it and dial in idle manually? If you keep the IACV you will want to manually dial in idle and only have it activate under extra load conditions, A/C, ect. You will also have to keep in mind that having the IACV off of the same vacuum block that you are trying to pull the MAP signal from might not be the best idea, unless the block has a big enough volume. I believe the new Urge block eliminates the use of the IACV as it can sometimes be problematic for tuning and pulling a reliable MAP signal.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:23 PM

Have you purchased your OBX ITBs already? If not there is a guy selling a set of Jenvey ITBs in the market place right now that you should look at. His are more expensive than the OBX kit, but it includes way more than the OBX kit does. The air filter and backing plate on his set up are things your are going to need to buy anyway.

Check his kit out, and if you have any other questions let me know.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:10 PM

THANKS! finally its clear to me.. been wondering for about 6 months and couldnt find it for some reason on the forums. was wondering becuase it looks way cleaner with the front capped off. i am only doing the hondata IMG because i got it really cheap from a friend. and since im replacing the IM might as well add the IMG.

i dont mind not having ac. (my wife will though) but i actually planned on removing the whole ac system anyways. i dont drive the car in traffic nor do i drive the car enough to care about losing ac.

im not to sure on the iacv. i might have to run the obx block. urge block is 395 shipped. probably going to need that money for the tune.

i actually already bought the obx itbs off amazon for $800 in december.

thanks for your help feezy
Old 04-13-2015, 08:31 PM

sorry but i have a couple more questions. for the rdx injectors i will need those jumper harness's the injector adapters yea? do you know which exact one?

also am i going to need to buy a map adapter plate as well if im going to be using the obx(hayward) vacuum block?
Old 04-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

pm feezy. i'm sure he knows all the answers
Old 04-15-2015, 02:14 PM

shoots thanks
Old 04-21-2015, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by pezee
sorry but i have a couple more questions. for the rdx injectors i will need those jumper harness's the injector adapters yea? do you know which exact one? also am i going to need to buy a map adapter plate as well if im going to be using the obx(hayward) vacuum block?
You can get the RDX plug and play clips from Xenocron. Check out the build thread that I have posted up in the 'Normally Aspirated' section. You can get a package kit with the injector plug and play harnesses and the purple spacers. That should be everything you need to get the injectors set up.

Can you send me a picture of your vacuum block? I'm willing to bet that you will either need a MAP adapet plate, or you just remove it and tune based solely off of TPS. That's not ideal, but if the tune is solid it will be fine. You might need to tweak the tune more often for temperature changes without a MAP sensor.

Originally Posted by bouford
pm feezy. i'm sure he knows all the answers

Sorry for the delay in the response, I've been sick and haven't been doing much online.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:35 PM

no worries. thanks for your help. ill sent you a picture