Health & Fitness A place to discuss health and fitness to help promote a healthy and active lifestyle.

S2K Runners / Joggers

Old 07-08-2015, 06:30 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TW00Si
You bike with headphones on? Maybe it's because of where I run and bike that I really prefer to know if a car is approaching or not. Living in the city kind of dictates this.
I live and work in the city, ride with headphones to and from work. We do have bike lanes - more of the danger is from people in front stopping randomly to let someone cross the intersection.

That and 80% of the time I passing people stuck in traffic.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:11 PM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Run 3 - 4 miles as part of my workout about 5 times per week. Listen to a variety of music... Stoner rock, punk, even some pink floyd on days I want to space out and take a longer run sometimes, but mostly heavier stuff with cool guitar riffs
Old 07-09-2015, 05:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TW00Si
Originally Posted by FearlessFife' timestamp='1436303947' post='23672893
I have a 160 song playlist for working out, and riding my bikes. I can contribute some favorites if desired.
You bike with headphones on?

Maybe it's because of where I run and bike that I really prefer to know if a car is approaching or not. Living in the city kind of dictates this.
I only have one ear bud in at a time. Usually in my right ear as I ride on the right side of the road, then I can easily hear traffic coming from behind me. I also keep the music at a reasonable volume too, I don't want it to impede my hearing too much.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:14 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Around the twin cities, we have trails everywhere... more than most cities I think. So, for example, I went on a 3.7 mile jog last night and crossed one road with mild traffic, otherwise was on paved trails through the woods the rest of the time. We road a 16 mile loop from our house and crossed that same road twice, road about half a mile down a barely used paved road and road 1 block in our residential neighborhood. Otherwise it was all paved trails in the woods. I could have doubled that distance easily and it would have been about the same. I dont tend to wear earbuds on a bike even on those trails though just to be safe. But I always do running. If I had to run in the city though it would be different and I would want to be able to hear more.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:37 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
Run 3 - 4 miles as part of my workout about 5 times per week. Listen to a variety of music... Stoner rock, punk, even some pink floyd on days I want to space out and take a longer run sometimes, but mostly heavier stuff with cool guitar riffs

That's the job.....

Recently was running whilst listening to Aussie rock ban Airbourne....
Old 08-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Gatsbee13

when I'm doing high intensity cardio, i usually listen to rock or electronic music..sometimes a bit of rap.. depends on my mood..

i gave up on running and jogging about a year ago.. mostly walk and use this Bowflex Cardio machine i bought recently (Bowflex MaxTrainer M5) since they offered me a pretty good discount on one..

honestly, i gave up on jogging and running because i don't want to experience knee/joint pain that a lot of runners/marathoners experience as they get older..
Old 09-02-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm turning 61 in February. I jog 5 miles /day , 7 days a week. I've began running when I was 45. I try to stay fit and use running to maintain my weight. I have 3 sport cars so I need to stay fit to be able to get in and out of them with ease. All my friends hate my cars. Ha
Old 09-03-2015, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by martinezswimmer
I'm turning 61 in February. I jog 5 miles /day , 7 days a week. I've began running when I was 45. I try to stay fit and use running to maintain my weight. I have 3 sport cars so I need to stay fit to be able to get in and out of them with ease. All my friends hate my cars. Ha
Old 09-07-2015, 03:17 PM

Received 214 Likes on 77 Posts

I've has a sinus infection this week and I needed something fast, so I changed up my list for the 10k this morning. Heavy on Metallica, Sabbath, VH, and Montrose.

I usually have about 3 hours worth of music that I rotate songs out two or three at a time when I get tired of something. A little bit of everything from 70s-90s
Old 09-08-2015, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by pgarratt
I've has a sinus infection this week and I needed something fast, so I changed up my list for the 10k this morning. Heavy on Metallica, Sabbath, VH, and Montrose.

I usually have about 3 hours worth of music that I rotate songs out two or three at a time when I get tired of something. A little bit of everything from 70s-90s

Heavy on Metallica, Sabbath, VH, and Montrose.

Quick Reply: S2K Runners / Joggers