Health & Fitness A place to discuss health and fitness to help promote a healthy and active lifestyle.

S2K Runners / Joggers

Old 09-09-2015, 05:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything by Pendulum or Sub Focus
Old 11-10-2015, 05:33 AM

Unless I'm running with someone, I do like to have music on my runs (especially the loooooooooong ones). I've got everything from 70s cheesy (but good) disco to more current rock/pop stuff in my Pandora stations. Oh, and you've got to have Eye of the Tiger too!
Old 11-10-2015, 05:50 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

My wife runs with the Rangers and has these on a postage stamp size iPod. She know knows the words better than I can recall them.

Two old ladies were a laying in bed
One rolled over to the other and said
Here we go! All the way! ...

-- Chuck

Old 11-20-2015, 10:32 AM

Received 1,191 Likes on 925 Posts

I have added some of the latest Clutch album Psychic Warfare to my running list. No surprise as I love all their music if people couldnt tell by my other music posts on here

Also have HazeMaze by Fuzz added now. Some Kyuss too.

I just picked up a new set of earbuds too. I have had the Monster iSports for 3 years now. Seriously ,the longest lasting set of earbuds ever for me. All the cheaper ones last about a month if I am working out regularly. They all just fall apart or the sweat kills them. The Monsters can be washed in the washing machine, they even recommend it! But ... some of the in ear wings broke and I cant get replacements without buying the new version of the earbuds. So I decided to go with a BT set this time.

I got the Jaybird X2's and so far love them. They stay in perfectly, zero movement. They sound very good as well. I could stand a bit more volume, but honestly it is probably good they dont get any louder for my hearings sake. I tend to listen to music way too loud. They seal very well, so you really dont need that much volume. weather has been crappy so I have only used them in the gym and on a treadmill so far, but they seem to work great. I am liking not having the cord running down through my shirt and up to the armband. And, when at the gym, I dont use my armband now since I can just lay the phone down near where I am working out. They are supposed to go 8 hours on a charge. I have used them for a few hour long workouts and have not had to recharge them yet. So far so good! And anyone that works in product design and development like I do will appreciate the package design. It makes Apples phone boxes look cheap in comparison Granted, that just adds cost, but you will know what I mean if you buy a set!
Old 01-04-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't know there was a section for s2000 owners who run/jog. Im a runner lol! I've been MIA for a while because of injuries. I recently started running again to bet back in to shape to run track at my school. I run mostly at the Rose Bowl or Griffith park. If anyone in socal happens to be running in the area, keep a look out for a red ap2 with a ballade sports sticker on the windshield. That would be me haha
Old 01-05-2016, 05:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Has anyone added new songs recently to your workout playlist? I need some updated tunes for 2016. Big year for me on the bike again, need to stay motivated.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:15 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

I did not read this thread but I like a couple Duke Dumont (Won't Look Back, and I Got U)
Basement Jaxx (Never Say Never)
Almost any Daft Punk
And lots of Empire of the Sun (Walking on a Dream and others)

Generally up tempo without being obnoxious, a decent beat to run to, partyish music.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:56 AM

Received 214 Likes on 77 Posts

I've found my last 4 runs have been crappy. It seemed the weather went from 50 degrees to the 80s and humid. I'm not used to this weather yet
Old 07-27-2018, 06:39 PM

gonna bump this up! i jog with oldies music from the 60-80's. i like van halen, elo, cream, rascals, stevie nicks numerous others. like another poster i run so i can still get in and out of my car. it's not easy at 64, lol
Old 08-03-2018, 01:13 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

it's not easy at 64, lol[/QUOTE]

Fair play

Quick Reply: S2K Runners / Joggers