S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Reinforced Diff Kits - Survey on Experiences

Old 10-24-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reinforced Diff Kits - Survey on Experiences

Haven't seen a survey of people's good and bad experiences when it comes to various diff setups. Please take a minute and share your experiences with respect to what you've done to reinforce the differential of your S2000, and share as much detail as you can within the thread.

PLEASE NOTE: this is intended to be an informational thread and as clinical / unbiased / unemotional as possible (within an internet forum at least). Hoping that people will use this over time to make informed decisions as to the best approach at upgrading the driveline on their S2000.

Thanks,
Stanford
Old 10-24-2008, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the poll.

I'm in the market for a 400+ HP solution and curious to see if anyone has experience on a road course with any of the various setups.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:20 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank you for posting such a great thread It should be informative and help members to make the best decision for them selves and their car needs.

I hope to see a lot of positive input in here for InlinePro, HTG, and myself. I do not advertise on the national sight and everything I do is old school word of mouth
What I say to the guys that get a rear build by me is,
Old 10-25-2008, 06:30 AM

I already know that when i do go with a better diff its gonna be a puddydiff!
Old 10-25-2008, 08:20 AM

I have HTG cryo gear in the upgraded housing and renforcement, seems to work OK so far.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:40 AM

^ puddymod is correct i have his stage 2 built one very nice good quality
Old 10-25-2008, 04:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

need more infomations for the Puddymods if someone can help.
and price for the options
thx
Old 10-25-2008, 05:08 PM

look up the puddymod thread he has it in there with all the prices awesome stuff so strong its really hard to break
Old 10-25-2008, 05:24 PM

I had one of inline pros first 5.9 kits i broke a diff because of the first design. Then i broke the driver side axle. Then i had a problem with the hub spinning on the bearing.
A buddy of mine on here had a problem with the 2.9 axle fitment. Inline pro has good customer service but there quality control with dss isnt very good.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen some of PuddyMod Racing's work first hand and it borders between art and craftsmanship. Gorgeous execution, and since it's leveraging all Honda OEM interfaces (input flange from driveshaft and output flanges to axles) his stuff should have no vibration issues. Unlike the DriveShaft Shop vibration hiccups many people seem to be experiencing.

I had one set of DriveShaft Shop 2.9 axles for a S2000 diff, and they began to vibrate within 500 miles. I pulled them out and sent them back. Since they were defective (the car stopped vibrating with the stock axles back in), it's not hard to blame either inferior materials or design.

After reading some of the other posts on S2KI (search "DSS" and "problem"), AND hearing of problems from my friend's GTO who's also running DSS stuff, I wanted to return for refund.

When I talked with the reseller who I bought the axles from, DSS's posture was no refund (they were only willing to send me back a reworked set of S2000-diff-based axles).

That's the kind of commitment to customer satisfaction that I've come to expect from the IRS, not from a company that has to compete in the free market for our hard-earned money.

I could still have been swayed to try putting the Inline Pro 2.9 kit in the car if IP (or ideally DSS) provided a 3 month / 2000 mile assurance of no-vibes (backed up by offering to pay shipping and a fixed amount of labor for R&I), but no dice there.

Quick Reply: Reinforced Diff Kits - Survey on Experiences