Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

Maven Teardrop Style Shift Knob From HeelToe

Old 09-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maven Teardrop Style Shift Knob From HeelToe

Hello S2000 Enthusiasts!

We have been offering the Maven Mark One weighted shift knobs for awhile to our TSX/TL members, but not until recently were we able to get some pictures of it installed on a S2000's customer car. Our regular Maven Mark One sits about as low as an OEM knob will sit without the OEM lock nut. We also have our Maven Mark One Countersunk. Its a perfect shape and positions for your hand for shifting, not only that most of its over 1lb weight is located at the top of the knob. Thus making the knob very top heavy, and therefore making shifting easier and much more pleasant. All knotchyness has been removed from shifting and even reducing those 2nd gear grinds for me because its so top heavy, its makes going into each gate easier. I had an ARC eggplant, but the Maven Mark One SS Countersunk weights more, looks better,and after using it for a day, feels overall better to me, thus I converted

Here is a brief description taken from our site:

Every detail of the Maven Shift Knob has been meticulously examined and engineered to achieve the maximum look, feel, and effect. The material, shape, weight, height, and finish were all painstakingly scrutinized in realizing the final design.

Materials – On the stainless knob, a custom alloy of medical-grade stainless steel provides superior corrosion and tarnish resistance. The Maven Shift Knob will maintain it’s luster throughout the life of your car. The aluminum knob has the same machined shape with a black anodized finish to perfectly compliment the Fastline Performance Shifter, which the aluminum knob was specifically intended to sit on top of.

Weight – Precision balanced to 472g (1.04lbs), the Maven Shift Knob is exactly twice the weight of the factory Acura unit. Careful consideration was made to ensure the majority of the Shift Knob’s mass be placed at the very top to provide an incredibly smooth feel while shifting.

Finish – Machined to a satin finish, the Maven Shift Knob maintains a micro-texture that ensures a solid grip without being abrasive.

(From left to right: OEM , Mark One Dark Chrome of SS, Mark One SS)

OEM stock knob

Mark One SS finish

Aluminum Anodized Black (Lite weight!) Weighs less than the stock shift knob.

Please follow the link below to order! (Be sure to select the finish you want)

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Maven-Shift-Kno...5-pr-64858.html

S2000 exclusion, Countersunk (Sits lower than OEM) In our MK1 SS, and MK2 Black Anodized finish

Machined Gun CS Limited Edition Model

Countersunk Shift Knobs, now shipping

Maven SS Countersunk Shift Knob Order Link

All shipping quotes can be obtained online! Just follow the link above, add the item to your cart, view your cart, then enter in your address for your shipping quote!

Local pick up available!

PM me if you have any further questions

-Max
HeelToe
Old 09-07-2010, 03:42 PM

Wish this was countersunk.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor

The weight of the Maven knob is concentrated at the top, thus making shifting feel easier. If it was any more countersunk I think we would lose a bit of that top heavy feel to it. Plus the shape of this knob fits better in the palm of your hand better than a ball type

I have an ARC Eggplant knob that is countersunk, though there is more weight at the top, it doesn't have that top heavy feel to it since its threaded so low.

If your interested I can bring up a knob for you to try out since it seems like your in the SoCal area. Let me know
Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow_S2K,Sep 7 2010, 04:22 PM
If your interested I can bring up a knob for you to try out since it seems like your in the SoCal area. Let me know
Wow, that is some impressive customer service.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dennisnguyen,Sep 7 2010, 09:09 PM
Wow, that is some impressive customer service.
Thanks! We try to help when we can, and especially when we stand by our product and would love for people to try it out before they deside if possible
Old 09-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

For those that are interested in a countersunk version you might be in luck! If we can get some pre orders in we can have the same weight, same style, same price Maven Teardrop shiftknob in a couple of weeks! Here is the link for pre order:

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Maven-Countersu...5-pr-65749.html
Old 09-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Our Dark Chrome is platted! Making the finish extra strong and won't fade over time
Old 09-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Pre order your countersunk shift knob today to assure you will be the first to have one when we make our first run!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Sneak preview of our countersunk knob, this is our Aluminum version knobs and our final productions SS knob should sit about an a quarter of a inch lower!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

After some testing, we decided a drop of about a quarter inch or so should give us the best height for shifting and style comfort.

Quick Reply: Maven Teardrop Style Shift Knob From HeelToe