S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Initial Topeka results

Old 09-07-2003, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Initial Topeka results

I didn't get a chance to watch the ProSolo finale, but the finishing order was:

1. Andy McKee (s2k2fast4me)
2. Jason Saini (whose handle is, imaginatively enough, Jason Saini)
3. Bradley Lamont (Jason's codriver, don't think he's on s2ki.com)

The reason I wasn't watching the ProSolo was because I was in the warmup event, where we were running last year's North course. Saturday was won by a guy we'd never heard of, Matthew Pettus (but we've heard of him now ), with a time that would have put him in third last year (although conditions were a lot warmer, and thus faster, for us this year). Ian Stewart (Mrsideways) was in second or third, two tenths behind. Ian won today's warmup event with a time that would have won last year (but again it was a lot warmer this time around).

I was 0.8 seconds behind on Saturday and a second off of the pace today . I blame car problems for at least a few tenths of that time -- seriously -- so I've got my excuses ready for the real deal.

Speaking of the real deal, we now have a long wait until Thursday, when the fun begins in earnest. Forecast says 20% chance of rain both days, but it's changed every time I've seen it...

Interestingly, Matthew and his codriver Dean both work for Honda. I asked them about the 2004 S2000, and they knew nothing about it. Oh well -- it was worth a try.

Steve
Old 09-07-2003, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted on the results....

Dale
Old 09-07-2003, 02:49 PM

Looking forward to seeing all of you left coasters, central, and southern S2000 drivers next week.

Randy
Old 09-08-2003, 05:28 AM

Steve - Matt was faster than Dean? FYI, I've been running against them all year. Yes, they work at HAM, but they don't have much contact with the Tochigi group. Great guys, though.

See y'all on Wednesday!
Old 09-08-2003, 07:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there a link to the results?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by gomarlins3
Is there a link to the results?
I'm not sure if you're referring to the Warmup or the ProSolo finale... The finale results are posted at http://scca.org/amateur/solo2/prosolo/2003...le/results.html. I don't know where or if the Warmup results are posted.

Originally posted by SR71BB
Steve - Matt was faster than Dean?
I might have gotten the names wrong -- the older, taller guy was faster than the younger guy. They were within a half second of each other on Saturday, though.

Steve
Old 09-08-2003, 04:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you. I found who I was looking for.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:59 PM

FYI Mr. Lamont is aka soloIIracer here.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:02 PM

...and I'll add that Brad beat me by a whopping 0.011. #!&^% 18 pace slalom cones!

I was feeling pretty good about myself after the Sat. AM heat. I had fast (clean) time on the right and I thought I might be able to hang with Jason and Andy after extracting my head from my ass on the left side. Well, lets just say that thought was a little off.

ANDY

I will say that the left coast BS guys are a great bunch to hang out with. It was cool to get to know Andy, Mitch and Ralph a bit. I was also very impressed how cool Mitch was under fire. After twisting off the axle stub on the RH half shaft, Mitch was able to pull it off, run around paddock looking for a RH shaft, realize that the outer CV on the LH shaft he had would work, run to a Honda dealer to get it pressed on, run back, reassemble the car, and make the Sat. PM heat on time!

Well, here's hoping to a dry Nationals.

btw - Dean "the Riddler" Rindler had the quick Sat. warm up time. He's been very quick on occasion this year and will continue to improve, I'm sure.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:12 AM

Saturday warm ups were a blast!!! The alignment really paid off on the little S propmt to constantly oversteer. Now if just feels solid and planted!

I am so looking forward to Thursday....and it better be dry damn it!

Quick Reply: Initial Topeka results