S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Adding DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) to a US-spec S2000

Old 03-20-2004, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding DRLs to a US-spec S2000

Hello, All.

If anyone is interested in a (what I think is) good way to install DRLs onto their US-model S2000, here's how:

I've recently done the import thing from the US to Canada, and I had to satisfy a DRL requirement. Rather than go for a solution that just turned on all lights including dashed lights all the time, myself and a friend have managed to put together a cheap DRL install (less than $75 total cost) that mimics the factory DRL behavior very closely. I've written up a page on how to do it:

http://alavigne.net/newHomePage/Motorsport...0/DRL/index.jsp

I'm thinking this might be a good candidate for something for the how-to section...

...Andrew
Old 03-20-2004, 03:49 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It is preferred that things that go into the "How To" thread is something that has been written up by a board user themselves from a procedure that was done to their own cars with pictures (optional) of the procedure as what other S2000 owners would most likely see when they attempt such a thing.
If you wish to do such a write up, it would be most useful. Any pictures that you can take to show exactly those parts of an S2000 that were involved would also be most useful and relevent.
A link to a product for a generalized application will remain in the thread population.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
It is preferred that things that go into the "How To" thread is something that has been written up by a board user themselves from a procedure that was done to their own cars with pictures (optional) of the procedure as what other S2000 owners would most likely see when they attempt such a thing.
If you wish to do such a write up, it would be most useful.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:55 PM

Please accept my apologies. I first viewed this thread on my work "intra-net". I now see it at home. You are correct, this belongs in this thread where all can see it and find it easily:
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=108435
Just copy this thread's URL and link it in the same sort of format in a post there.

As the author of this thread, you should do the honours of adding it to that "Commonly Asked Questions ................ " thread.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:18 PM

ok, thanks! I'll do that right now.

I'm glad I can contribute something after having asked a million and one Supercharger questions. Maybe now I can feel ok about asking a few more. :-)

...Andrew
Old 03-20-2004, 05:20 PM

I'm no expert but anytime, bud. And I'm sure those who are in the know will be glad to chime in when the time comes.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you realise that not everyone knows what DRLs are!

It's not mentioned in this entire thread that you are talking about Daytime Running Lights.

As an Australian I'm not eve sure what this specifically entails. Are the park lights on with ignition? Or headlights?

Couldn't you just buy a Volvo?
Old 03-20-2004, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by AusS2000
Do you realise that not everyone knows what DRLs are!

It's not mentioned in this entire thread that you are talking about Daytime Running Lights.

As an Australian I'm not eve sure what this specifically entails. Are the park lights on with ignition? Or headlights?

Couldn't you just buy a Volvo?
The link that he provided explains what DRLs are (as shown in the set of 3 pictures with the different lights on). However, for clarity, I shall edit the title to include what it stands for.

DRL's on the S2000's that come with them as stock (in places like Canada), turns on the high beams at a reduced output whenever the ignition is on and once the e-brake has been released for the first time on each engine start.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! I have been looking for a very very very long time on how to do this! Thank you very much. I will be doing this very soon.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:10 PM

wow that write up owns

Quick Reply: Adding DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) to a US-spec S2000